georgia power lakes duck hunting

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

georgia power lakes duck hunting

Postby flexican2213 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Hey guys, Im have a buddy that has a place on lake rabun and we were recently scouting out there and were wondering the best way to hunt the ga power lakes. Im obviously not asking for spots but was just wondering how some of yall went about hunting out there, whether from the lake bank or from a brushed up boat. Also i was wondering how heavily pressured the lakes are and if any of the lake residents call in complaints, i know youre not supposed to hunt 300 feet from any dock/house/ramp etc. So if any of yall can help me out it be greatly appreciated.Thank you
flexican2213
Newb

Re: georgia power lakes duck hunting

Postby djchris » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 am

flexican,

I've hunted some of them last year.....BE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR GEORGIA POWER PERMISSION CARD!!!!! We used a boat to get to a couple spots then brushed up the area we were in. Good Luck!!!
djchris
hunter

Postby flexican2213 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:05 am

djchris,
I called georgia power and they are sending me the permit in the mail, the spot we have scouted out is about 300 yards from a boat house, and were hoping its not going to be a problem. Were you in near any houses or docks? i know the rule is you have to be 100 yards away. We just dont want to have to deal with any complaints. Thank you for all of your help.
flexican2213
Newb

Postby djchris » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Yeah 100 yards is the rule......stay with that and you'll be fine....doesn't matter if they complain or not......as long as you are legal. We asked about the same thing a couple years ago and we were told not to give it much thought.
djchris
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting