Lake Guntersville Duck Report

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Lake Guntersville Duck Report

Postby Labnerd01 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:28 am

Have received reports from three different sources that live and hunt the lake up around Scottsboro and Stevenson, that good numbers of ducks are arriving at Coon Creek and lots of ducks have been reported on the N Sauty Refuge as well. They also started pumping the Raccoon Creek area to flood the back sloughs and lakes, on the downside though is the crops planted by the DNR did not grow well in most areas to be flooded due to spring flooding and also the fact the pumping unit failed last spring and they were not able to drain water from tradition areas to plant crops for the ducks. I presonally viewed the Wanneville corn and it was pitiful as well. Local swamps are mostly dry now which can move ducks to bigger water but also cause them to continue to another place.
So some good news but some not so good news local swamps.
Going Hunting without a trained retriever is like going on a honeymoon without a bride!
Labnerd01
hunter

Re: Lake Guntersville Duck Report

Postby kwil13 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:24 pm

I was up there all weekend and beside the crop failure your sources are wrong about Racoon Creek
Courage is being scared to death ...but saddling up anyway John Wayne
Support the NWTF, NRA
SUPPORT THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT
kwil13
hunter

Postby jaker » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:22 am

Hey Labnerd, do you hunt in georgia???? can you shoot me a pm and tell me where you hunt, I'm really wanting to kill some ducks, and can't find any, :fingerhead:
2009 - 2010 (My boat)

Bw Teal- 7
jaker
hunter

Postby Labnerd01 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:27 am

Good place for you to hunt would be over near Lavonia, GA. Call Bob Cathey at Skeeter Branch and book yourself a hunt with him.
www.huntmallards.com

I guarantee you will see more ducks there than on the entire 800 square miles of Lake Guntersville. When you are done you get a nice breakfast of eggs, country ham, bisquits, coffee and orange juice. Be sure to take waders and a face mask, ducks are very wary there.

No need to worry taking your duck call with you and they usually have people there with Retrievers to fetch up what you shoot. Its also a great place to practice your shooting skills.
Based on your posts on here, I think this would be a perfect place for you to learn about the dynamics of being a true Waterfowler. Might even learn about how to treat others with dignity and respect and get a little dose of Waterfowl Hunting Etiquette. Now this place might not be for everybody but for you its a good start.
:grooving:
Going Hunting without a trained retriever is like going on a honeymoon without a bride!
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:01 am

Bwahahahaha!
The ducks there are wary? Are you kidding me? Its a release bird place. Being a true waterfowler? Shooting corn fed mallards that are trained to fly Into specified feeding ponds gas nothing to do with being a waterfowler. What a joke.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby Labnerd01 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:24 am

Thats what it was designed to be, a Joke in response to Jaker's post. DUUUUUUUUUH! DO DEE DUCKS FLY HERE?

If you are really a student at MCG I hope you also learn about how to treat people with dignity and respect-looks like your parents failed at the task of teaching you the fundamentals. Obvisously not a Pre-Med student.
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Actually I'm an MCG graduate now.
Insulting the way a person was raised is as undignified and disrespectful as it comes, so you shouldn't throw stones.
And I doubt it was a joke; you are a self admitted and unashamed release preserve supported.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby Labnerd01 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:59 pm

Both of you are a couple of punks, supposedly going to college or so you say, who know nothing about waterfowling, you have not lived long enough to know what being a true waterfowler is, probably have never donated one dime to DU or any other organization to help the ducks nor put in a days work helping to rebuild wetlands or other habitat.

Obviously both of you have never owned a "trained" working retriever or you would know the value of using a Hunting Preserve to train them to be a solid conservation tool for the hunter. I'd be willing to bet that when you shoot a duck that sails into the Cattails or muck to far off you just leave it and shoot another one known as wanton waste of game.

I am not wasting any more time or energy on you trash duck hunters that plague the flyways and forums, note I did not say WATERFOWLERS because that defines a human being who is truly concerned about the ducks and habitat loss and conservation of the wildlife heritage and they do something about it by helping others with either time or money or other assets as I have done for the last 30 years.

Please tell me, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR THE PRESERVATION OF THE DUCKS? I challenge you to show what you have done other than kill them.

As for your graduation from MCG, What was it in because I cannot a believe a Resident Physician or Dentist would write such trash?
Last edited by Labnerd01 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:27 pm

Are you really this stupid?
I'm obviously not in college. As for my education, that shouldn't be your concern
You talk about conservation yet you promote release mallard operations; several studies have shown that release ducks are detrimental to WILD duck populations. You are a hypocrite.
You are saying that I am writing trash, yet you challenge the way I was raised. If you really are "old school" I'm surprised you've never had your teeth knocked out. Either that or you only talk like that on the internet.
As for owning a trained retriever, here are some pictures of my 21 month old lab that I trained myself. He spent his first birthday with me last season in Arkansas shooting WILD mallards. I managed to make a jam up gun dog without pimping out some tamie operation and getting him ducks on public land. I can't show you pictures of monetary donations, so some wild duck pictures will have to do. I think it's obvious here who the waterfowler is, and who the poser is.

GADKHNTR
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting