Looking for someone to hunt with

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Looking for someone to hunt with

Postby marshstalker83 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Hey guys I just moved here from Washington state a few weeks ago. I don't know any other duck hunters in the area so I'm looking for a hunting partner. I live in the ft benning area have a dog will travel haha. I also have a 14 foot jon boat with blind but can't use it just yet have to go through a bunch of crap to register it here in GA. I'm not trying to be an internet scout or steal anyones spots just have more fun hunting with other people. I'm a Drill Sergeant so my hunting opportunities are limited and not always the same days of the week. So if you wanna hunt let me know.
marshstalker83
hunter

Re: Looking for someone to hunt with

Postby august29of73 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Ft. Benning has some of the best hunting around!!
august29of73
Newb

Postby fishindablood22 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Check out Lake Seminole
fishindablood22
Newb

Postby thomas.c.mackey » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:27 am

Im stationed here at fort benning as well. I have a small boat and am looking for someone to hunt with. Hit me up and will go pound some birds one day.
thomas.c.mackey
hunter

Postby hamer174 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 am

I live just north of you in LaGrange and pretty much hunt by my self. there are some decent places on the river near fort benning.
hamer174
hunter

Postby Labnerd01 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:45 am

You might try to get in touch with the Presient of the Old South Hunting Retriever Club. He lives there in Columbus and is an avid Outdoorsman, retired from UPS he trains retrievers now. Lots of Members that train their dogs live in and around Columbus. Old South is a non-profit Hunting Retriever Club sanctioned by the UKC and Hunting Retriever Club. You will find yourself in good company by going to a training session just to socialize with like minded folks. Below is their website, give them a call and if you have a dog thats even better. Try and speak to Marcus! I just ran into some young boys while hunting this past week and referred them as well.

Try Lake Eufaula, its not far away, Seminole an surrounding lakes can be good, lots of Canvasbacks down there but also lots of Gators so keep in mind that if the outside temp is below 60 degrees your dog will not become dinner and that is a general guideline. A little Further away from you, since you are active duty military are the grounds around the Redstone Arsenal. Good place for housing is available and good duck hunting can be found there because its not open to the public, its real close to the Wheeler NWR. Is Located south of Huntsville on the Tennessee River.

http://oldsouthhrc.org/
Going Hunting without a trained retriever is like going on a honeymoon without a bride!
Labnerd01
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:48 pm

PM sent.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Thatquacksmeup » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:45 pm

I am in a hunting club outside of Cusseta and we typically shoot ducks at the end of deer season. I also live near lake seminole and hunt with a couple of clubs in the are. I am also going to Seminole this weekend to scout around. Even though I am a former Marine, I do not mind helping out a fellow duck hunter even if he is a Army DI!
Thatquacksmeup
Newb

Postby sprtslvr1973 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:02 am

I keep wanting to go to the Oconnee WMA but lifw keeps gwtting in the way (yard work, annual office Christmas party, not sure if I have the right equipment, etc) but let me know if you want to try that one and I will give you my #
sprtslvr1973
hunter

Postby marshstalker83 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks for all the responses guys. I've been out doing some stomping around and found some spots here on post that might have potential. Found some geese and alot of woodies. I recieved all the PMs and will be getting in touch with some of you soon I've been working alot and will be out of town over the holiday but looking forward to getting back and hopefully into some birds! :thumbsup:
There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period. -Ted Nugent
marshstalker83
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting