Not a Typical hunt in Troup County, GA

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Not a Typical hunt in Troup County, GA

Postby hamer174 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:15 pm

My girlfiend and her dad were deer hunting here in Lagrange when this stepped out....much to everyones surprise....looks like we have alot of bacon and porkchops to come
Attachments
hog1.jpg
hog1.jpg (93.65 KiB) Viewed 1901 times
hamer174
hunter

Re: Not a Typical hunt in Troup County, GA

Postby misfire » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:42 am

I would hate to have to drag that out. Big pig
misfire
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:55 am

good shot ,and man what a hog !!looks better there than tearing all creation apart
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby hamer174 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:13 pm

we cleaned it thinking we may make some sausage but not sure how its going to taste....anyone every had wild hog???
hamer174
hunter

Postby dmiller_time » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Yep, eat em all the time... I usally just quarter them and get the straps and tenderloins out of them just like a deer. Marinate in ice water for about 24 hours then marinate in whatever you feel like. I usally give away the bigger ones. If a sow is over about 150 or a boar over 100lbs ill give them away. Anything smaller than that ill keep and eat. They get tougher and gameyier the bigger they are. The ice water kinda help with the gamey taste. I like to fry the straps and loins and smoke or bake the quarters with onions peppers and tatters...

I like to get the fat thats in between the sin and the meat also. Adds a good flavor when you are smokin or baken it. Good to mix with deer meat and make sasauge with too... Juts be sure to kook it DONE!!!
dmiller_time
hunter

Postby Remman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:48 pm

x2 on the ice, just cover the hog meat with ice, drain and refill multiple times, really helps!! :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Daniel.Logue » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:17 pm

bigger the pig the more rank it gets... I know all hogs stink but the bigger they are the worse it gets... i learned the hard way i will never shoot one that big again unless its going to be mounted even then I would have to think twice
NO BIRDS YET ITCHING FOR SEASON TO OPEN
Daniel.Logue
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:16 am

Big pig, did yall weigh it?
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby hamer174 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:23 am

Nah we didnt the picture makes it look alot bigger than it was. I wasnt the best tasting thing but it was decent, I'm just praying Hogs dont make permanent residence here. From what im reading and hear though it looks like they already have. :mad:
hamer174
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting