The Coast

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

The Coast

Postby hamer174 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:57 pm

I've been duck hunting about 4 years heavy and am absolutly addicted to it. I'm really wanting to plan a trip to the coast but have never been there to hunt....Is it worth the 4 hour drive to hunt, and i know good and well no one would give up a spot or anything but some help being pointed in the right direction would be awesome.
hamer174
hunter

Re: The Coast

Postby Remman » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm

where are you wanting to try?
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hamer174 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Really anywhere on the coast looks fun. I just want to hunt ducks
hamer174
hunter

Postby allnighter » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:08 pm

I would go to google earth and scan the closest coast line to you. Look for spots that you would look for if you were fishing i.e. creeks and large tracks of marsh. I just looked at the map on my phone an saw some spots that look like they would hold bird. So I fill up the tank and head east looking for the things I spoke of. Good luck if done right the coast hunting can be fun just watch your tides and clean your gear afterward.
allnighter
hunter

Postby hydrilla » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:27 pm

If you arealready four hours from the coast, then you would have much better luck driving West than East. I don't know of anywhere in Georgia that I would drive four hours to hunt.
hydrilla
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting