NEVER SEEN SO MANY

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

NEVER SEEN SO MANY

Postby dmiller_time » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:05 pm

So I was on the way to work this mornin and I was gonna be about an hour early so, I got to thinkin and my #1 hole im gonna be on saturday is only about 10 min from work. So off I headed to the duck hole. I done told myself I wasnt gonna go back down there after friday around lunch to make sure all the feed was gone, well it was and I couldnt stand it. When I got down there this mornin I wasnt expecting to see but the local birds. Bout 15 woddies, 8-10 mallards and a handfull of teals. Well as I started gettin closer much to my surprise they was makin a bunch of racket. I could hear the water splashin and the ducks just a quackin and whistlin. My adrinalin was pumpin harder as I crept closer and when I got to where I could see the edge of the water I only had to go about 2 steps further. There was ducks everywhere!!! Now this pond is only about 2 and a half acres and I bet there was 200 woodies, 100 mallards, the most teals I have ever seen in one spot and a bunch of spoonbills. I got some video of them on my phone but its not to good cause it was about 7:30 when I got down there so there wasnt a whole lot of light. Needless to say I ended up bein about and hour late to work and sat in that one spot and watched more birds coma in. Along with some geese fly over. Im pumped, and cant wait to get in the water saturday mornin.. Just thought Id share this with everyone.
dmiller_time
hunter

Re: NEVER SEEN SO MANY

Postby chris_k » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:28 pm

This thread is worthless without GPS coordinates
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby hydrilla » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:30 pm

So how did you know the "feed' was gone without spooking the birds?
hydrilla
hunter

Postby allnighter » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Heck ya that what I need a good ol corn hole. :lol3:
allnighter
hunter

Postby dmiller_time » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:46 am

I went down there friday at lunch to check and make sure the feed was gone. Aint put none out in about 2 weeks so I figured it was and when I went down there to check there was only the local birds. I reckon the front that moved through up north pushed some south. I was overwhellemed with all the ducks that was in this hole, I have never seen anything like it befor other than on TV.

And yes a corn hole is what it was. I hunt legal and very ethical. For about a mounth I went down there everyother day or every third day and put corn out. This hole has not been hunted yet because of the fact that there was still corn in it and we were still baiting it. But there hasnt been feed in this hole for at least ten days so, Saturday mornin we gonna put a whackin on em!! That is if they are still there??
dmiller_time
hunter

Postby allnighter » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:54 am

I just want to see the picture one second after the first shot.
allnighter
hunter

Postby BenelliBoy75 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:25 pm

what part of the state are you in? I went checked 3 of my spots this morn and all i had were some hoods. I haven't seen mallards all season, just some woodies. I'm in NE Ga
"What happened to your call, sounds like crap..." "I think I blew my dip in it again..."
BenelliBoy75
hunter

Postby dmiller_time » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:08 pm

I highly doubt ill be takin a pic after the first shot but there will be pics afterwords. And im in south Ga. Shoot, weekend of muzelloader season we seen around 300 between me and my buddy that mornin. That was closer to our #3 hole on the river though and they was about a mile high..
dmiller_time
hunter

Postby GeorgiaWoodduck » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:25 pm

IM in NE GA too and pickings are fairly slim here...i'm with you Benelliboy
GeorgiaWoodduck
hunter

Postby NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Im calling bs on the mallards come on man, not any 100 thats a lie, wheres the pictures at :huh: ...
36 Prodrive FPR chasing a 1654 express
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER
hunter

Postby dmiller_time » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:38 am

Belive what you want man, There is always mallards in that pond year round. Hell we had 2 land on the other side of a pond just off the river we were huntin this mornin.
dmiller_time
hunter

Postby NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:13 am

if you hunted all these ducks this morning, then lets see the pictures, surely you didnt get skunked... since you have every wood duck and mallard in the county, along with all the harlequin ducks, and eurasian wigeons haha :lol:
36 Prodrive FPR chasing a 1654 express
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER
hunter

Postby dmiller_time » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:58 am

naw we didnt kill the first duck opening mornin and didnt see near the ducks that were in there. Did see around 100 though. and klled 3 geese. reckon you wouldnt belive we killed a banded woodie this mornin either
dmiller_time
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting