Ga Coast

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Ga Coast

Postby caseydog » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Hello All.

Headed near Darien Area in a few days to give it a try... Certainly not looking for anyone's Secret spots.... Just curious
what methods can be effective. I know it's GA so it's a toss up regardless but we will be very appreciative of any information shared. Have a good boat and plenty of diver and puddle decoys. I assume it best to hide the boat and lay in the marsh?

Boat has good blind but I assume that once tide falls, it will be tough to hide..... any of you had any luck this year.... maybe this cold front will stir up a few new birds.

Thanks in advance for any help.
caseydog
hunter

Re: Ga Coast

Postby Remman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:53 pm

the tide is the biggest problem you will face, also those divers move a lot.. I have seen plenty when scouting, then come back the very next day and not pull the trigger.. expect lots of gas money for the boat... good luck, be safe out there :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby caseydog » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:26 pm

hopefully this cool weather will bring in a few new birds. Many puddle ducks around or is it better to set up for divers near the bigger water?

just trying to decide if we should commit to backwater or get on the big water. thanks for the reply.
caseydog
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Over there I would try the open water for divers.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby diseman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:56 pm

I think your best bet is to stay at Lanier. :-) good luck. Who you goIng with?
diseman
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting