From South Ga to Atlanta Area!

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

From South Ga to Atlanta Area!

Postby jbb62 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:14 pm

This duck season has been miserable! I made the move from South Ga to Roswell in August. The only duck hunting i was able to do this year was the week of Christmas and New Years!! We shot a good bit of birds (woodies, and hoodies) down in South Ga. They seemed to be really active this year down there. I believe my farm was one of the few to actually have a little water so of course we had and are still having good shoots down there. Its tough when your buddies call and tell you what good shoots they had at your place or places around haha! Its tough being up here during duck season and not knowing anyone or any places to go!! I love to scout, thats not what Im asking, can someone give me any advice on where to look up this way?? Help, I am hoping for a better year next year!!
jbb62
Newb

Re: From South Ga to Atlanta Area!

Postby 01Foreman400 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:31 am

It's tough around here finding any land to hunt on much less having land with waterfowl on it. I work in Atlanta but live in Loganville. It's taken me several years and a lot of money to get several good swamps and fields to hunt geese on that are close to home. I don't mess with public land I like to sleep and enjoy my hunts. There are birds around you just have to get your wallet out to get them.
Attachments
IMG_1041.JPG
IMG_1040.JPG
Huntin Fool From Georgia
01Foreman400
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting