Where are the turkeys?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Where are the turkeys?

Postby gahunter » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:12 am

Has anybody done any good with gobblers? This is the worst season that I can ever remember. We have only set up once on a gobbling bird and we have been every day but 2. :pissed:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Dang Coyote's !

Postby MossyOakClub » Mon May 01, 2006 7:32 am

well, word of advice, when you have the shot of a lifetime - TAKE IT !
dont wait around and enjoy the show, man that gobbler ( 10 inch beard )really wanted my 2 decoys, his hen was doing her little dance trying to get my hen's to come join them & I was so much in a trance state of mine that I didn't see the coyote in the corner of my left eye, then all of a sudden feathers ,
no the coyote didnt get the birds, but I didn't either when they only 25 yrds away !
RETRIEVING IS A PRETTY SIGHT & DESIRABLE, BUT IF YOU HAVE NO SUCCESS, REMEMBER THAT IT IS A RARE SIGHT TO SEE A MAN POINT AT A BIRD. HOWEVER, MANY MEN HAVE A BACK STRONG ENOUGH TO LEAN DOWN AND PICK UP A BIRD THAT A DOG HAS LOCATED AND POINTED DEAD.
MossyOakClub
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting