Bands in Georgia

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Bands in Georgia

Postby dmiller_time » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:47 pm

Killed a banded woodie hen this mornin and I reckon im leting my curiosity get the best of me. I called in the band and got the info on it but now I have been trying to find out how many bands have been reported this year in Georgia and whats the odds of killing one. Of course the more you go the better your odds but I consider me and my buddies pretty lucky this year with this band being the second in 2 weeks. The first one my buddy got everybody kept sayin thats its really rare down here and may never see another one in our lifetime come from these south georgia rivers. Now I have got another one. Any website I can go on and look at these statistics and or odds??? Or how many has been killed this year in Georgia??? Thanks for any !!!
dmiller_time
hunter

Re: Bands in Georgia

Postby BigSwole » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:20 am

Have no clue about finding out how many were killed in Ga, or if you could even find that out.

I got a banded goose here in south ga. so there is 3 that you know of now!
BigSwole
hunter

Postby jedisme » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:24 pm

I killed a banded Ringneck a few years ago on Seminole but on the Florida side.
jedisme
hunter

Postby KS BACKWATER » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:40 pm

flyways.us will give you all of the information that you want. 2011 information wont be available until like march of 2012 though. Hope that this helps.
KS BACKWATER
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting