New to Area Southern Ga

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

New to Area Southern Ga

Postby david.mrnak » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:04 am

Hey guys I just got down here in Hunter Army Airfield, Savannah for Ranger Regiment. I use to live in in Illinois by the mississippi river and have duck hunted my entire life. Im just looking for areas to hunt with a buddy of mine that has lived down here his whole life. He however has a new kid and does not have much time to be hanging out with his buddys. If anyone is looking for a hunting partner or two or even just has good tips on public hunting areas that would be great. Got duck fever real bad and am itching to get back out there. Fields, wading, or boat ill be interested in it all. any suggestions the terrain maps only help so much online. Thanks, Dave.
david.mrnak
Newb

Re: New to Area Southern Ga

Postby Dep6 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:32 am

:welcome: Good luck.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Remman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:36 am

thanks for your service :clapping: .. you might want to look around ft. Stewart, plenty of areas around there.. :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby andyparm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:35 pm

Try Altamaha WMA in Darien. It would probably be about a 40 minute drive for you but there is quota hunts on Butler, walk in hunting on Champney, and boat access for Rhetts. All can be insanely crowded and if you have a boat I suggest scouting the surrounding rivers for good action especially on Saturdays that they shoot Butler. I have duck hunted the area my entire life and have seen it oh so good and ooooohhhh so bad. As far as areas closer to Savannah you can look around in the salt marshes if you have a boat. If you find ducks with no docks close by you can hunt the edge of the marsh. Just make sure you have enough string and weight on your dekes. I have done extremely well with that over the years. Mostly divers with the occasional tea, gadwall or pintail. Good luck this year!
andyparm
Newb

Postby southernwoody » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Hey mrnak I introduced myself today at work in your cage. Shoot me a pm and ill get ya out there sometime or at least send ya to some good woody holes.
southernwoody
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting