ocmulgee or flint

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

ocmulgee or flint

Postby rroland48 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:52 am

anybody ever do much hunting on the local rivers near warner robins. thats about all i have to hunt just looking for some suggestions. I have seen a few woodies here and there usually anywhere from 20-50 in the morning but all fly byes. if anybody want to go hit me up.
rroland48
Newb

Re: ocmulgee or flint

Postby Dep6 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:51 am

the Flint is a creek over my way, not sure of the Ocmulgee. Haven't seen much worth hunting over this way.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby krusse25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:02 pm

hey are you going hunting on one of the rivers anytime soon?
krusse25
hunter

Postby kneedeep81 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:45 am

Not sure what the Flint looks like in Warner Robins, but further south it is all pass shooting unless you find a roost hole. I found 2 different roost holes that are loaded, i saw 50-60 coming into this one spot Sunday. Funnest way to shoot them imo. If you don't know where to go look on Bing Maps or Google Earth to find some pockets, slews, and swamps. I found a few spots that have turned out to be really good. If you don't have somewhere to set up try floating the river. Jump shooting ducks on a river is a blast and you can even pick up some geese that way. Good luck and let us know how you do.
"I could slam it in yo face! I could slam it in yo MAMA'S face!" - Si
kneedeep81
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 pm

It's the Oculgee close to Warner Robins. though the Flint isn't far but it is still LOW,LOW,LOW!!
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting