River through Atlanta, Duck Guide Service

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

River through Atlanta, Duck Guide Service

Postby krusse25 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Me and a friend of mine are going duck hunting with these guys this weekend.Wanted to know if any one had used them before or heard of them.My buddy has scouted for them and recommend them.Just wanted to see if any one had used them beofre. Good luck to yall this season.
Last edited by krusse25 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krusse25
hunter

Re: River through Atlanta, Duck Guide Service

Postby Dep6 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:10 am

Never heard of them before. I would ask them for some references.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby hydrilla » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:44 pm

According the the website, you will either be going to some private land near Lanier or hunting public land at Guntersville. I would assume you will be going to the spot near Lanier, so I would hope for a few wood ducks, maybe a tammie mallard, and a goose or two. Good luck with it, but in the future I would recommend heading west if you are going to pay for a guide. That seems a little steep for what you will have the opportunity to kill, and you can get a guide in MS, LA, or even ARK for $200 day or less in some cases.

http://www.riverthroughatlanta.com/duckhunts.htm
hydrilla
hunter

Postby krusse25 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Well I will let you know how it goes after tomorrow morning.
krusse25
hunter

Postby hydrilla » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 pm

So how did it go????
hydrilla
hunter

Postby AllFlockedUp » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:33 pm

I would NEVER pay for a guided duck hunt in GA. I know some guys that got suckered in to going with these clowns and the guide showed up hungover, late, with no decoys, and make up on!!! Good luck with that. By the way you ask questions about a guide before you book with them!!
AllFlockedUp
hunter

Postby krusse25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:29 pm

Allflockedup,that is not the experience i had at all.And i did research before hand plus one of my friends scouts for them.I just wanted to see if any one else had the opportunity to go with them.

The hunt was awesome.I personally downed two woodys and took three geese. There was two guides for five hunters and they brought two labs for us. It was in a swamp.They brought a great spread of decoys,including geese,woodys,mallards, and two mallard mojos.They as well had two magnums with battery operated propellers that had them swimming in circles.

Like all Ga hunts i've ever been on it started with woodys blasting by at low light.There was plenty of them too.Plenty of opportunities.As well after the woody ruch we had to have seen at least 65 geese fly over, not all presented a shot but it was still great.At least 30 geese gave us a shot.
The mallards stayed a mile high in the shy.Saw about 12 with no opportunity to shoot, i blame the 74 degree weather in the middle of winter.
The unt was a little pricy but very worth it to me. Great time just like any duck hunt.
krusse25
hunter

Postby krusse25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Me on the right and my buddy on the left after the hunt.
Attachments
riverthruatl.jpeg
A picture from the hunt
krusse25
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Wow.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby chris_k » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:06 pm

DUCK-DAWG wrote:Wow.

X2

The mallards were a mile high cause someone forgot to turn on the corn feeders lol
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting