Lake Lanier

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Lake Lanier

Postby PiKappCutter » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:13 am

I'm from Tennessee but have a friend that lives in Dawsonville I go to the lake with during the summmer. Just curious about the duck hunting down there. I saw a bunch of pockets and places that looked like sweet places to hunt. Dont worry I'm not interent scouting, I've got plenty of places in TN and N. Al to hunt, I was just wondering.
PiKappCutter
hunter

Re: Lake Lanier

Postby B.Hud » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:59 am

PiKappCutter wrote:I'm from Tennessee but have a friend that lives in Dawsonville I go to the lake with during the summmer. Just curious about the duck hunting down there. I saw a bunch of pockets and places that looked like sweet places to hunt. Dont worry I'm not interent scouting, I've got plenty of places in TN and N. Al to hunt, I was just wondering.

If you just want to spend time and hunt with your buddy go for it. But I wouldn't count on killing/ seeing much
Shouldbeaguide wrote: We rolled donuts all weekend on green tops and specks. Make sure your facts are strait
B.Hud
hunter

Postby PiKappCutter » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:42 am

Oh he doesn't hunt and I dont wanna drive 4 hrs to do it either. I've only been there in May and June drinking. I just like to here about different places people hunt.
PiKappCutter
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:54 pm

PiKappCutter wrote:Oh he doesn't hunt and I dont wanna drive 4 hrs to do it either. I've only been there in May and June drinking. I just like to here about different places people hunt.

I have a specific spot that I found just by walking around. Some days its great and we see around 80+ birds and some days we see as little as 19. We can always count on the honkers though! Seen mallards, gwt, couple buffys, gray ducks, and ringnecks. What part of the lake you hunting and are you using a boat?
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby B.Hud » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
PiKappCutter wrote:Oh he doesn't hunt and I dont wanna drive 4 hrs to do it either. I've only been there in May and June drinking. I just like to here about different places people hunt.

I have a specific spot that I found just by walking around. Some days its great and we see around 80+ birds and some days we see as little as 19. We can always count on the honkers though! Seen mallards, gwt, couple buffys, gray ducks, and ringnecks. What part of the lake you hunting and are you using a boat?

hes not hunting it, just wanted to hear if it was any good. Where are you hunting? :hi:
Shouldbeaguide wrote: We rolled donuts all weekend on green tops and specks. Make sure your facts are strait
B.Hud
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:43 pm

B.Hud wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:

hes not hunting it, just wanted to hear if it was any good. Where are you hunting? :hi:

well for a small fee you can tag along this week! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding man, if you seriously wana go sometime this week PM me
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:15 am

In the wise words of Cheech and Chong..."Looks like dog crap, smells like dog crap, feels like dog crap, tastes like dog crap. Must be dog crap. Good thing we didn't step in it!". Sure looks like an attempt at internet scouting to me, but since you said "Dont worry I'm not interent scouting" I guess I'm wrong...
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:41 pm

heres the coordinates to my best duck hole 61.1822 degrees N, 148.5569 degrees W. Il see you there any day this weekend! :hi:
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby jayare1870 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:32 am

From one Pi Kapp to another, most of what you're reading on this thread is true, hunting LL is tough and very hit or miss. I wouldn't make a 4 hour drive just to hunt it. But, if you're here and want to hunt you might as well. Don't listen to these tools with their "Internet Scouting" crap. Everyone on a hunting forum behind a computer is automatically an "Expert". There are 10 parks open to late season Waterfowling, here is the link to those parks and the regulations. I'm not going to tell you which parks I like but at least you have a starting point. http://www.georgiawildlife.com/sites/de ... 012-13.pdf
jayare1870
Newb

Postby B.Hud » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:21 pm

jayare1870 wrote:From one Pi Kapp to another, most of what you're reading on this thread is true, hunting LL is tough and very hit or miss. I wouldn't make a 4 hour drive just to hunt it. But, if you're here and want to hunt you might as well. Don't listen to these tools with their "Internet Scouting" crap. Everyone on a hunting forum behind a computer is automatically an "Expert". There are 10 parks open to late season Waterfowling, here is the link to those parks and the regulations. I'm not going to tell you which parks I like but at least you have a starting point. http://www.georgiawildlife.com/sites/de ... 012-13.pdf

me and duckslayer gave him solid advice. neither one of us were being smart asses
B.Hud
hunter

Postby B.Hud » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:22 pm

never mind i see now. skipped over a post
B.Hud
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 pm

jayare1870 wrote:From one Pi Kapp to another, most of what you're reading on this thread is true, hunting LL is tough and very hit or miss. I wouldn't make a 4 hour drive just to hunt it. But, if you're here and want to hunt you might as well. Don't listen to these tools with their "Internet Scouting" crap. Everyone on a hunting forum behind a computer is automatically an "Expert". There are 10 parks open to late season Waterfowling, here is the link to those parks and the regulations. I'm not going to tell you which parks I like but at least you have a starting point. http://www.georgiawildlife.com/sites/de ... 012-13.pdf

I gave him some advice but not as much as you. I basically told him it was hit or miss. My last post was a joke, take a chill pill and relax man.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby B.Hud » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:

I gave him some advice but not as much as you. I basically told him it was hit or miss. My last post was a joke, take a chill pill and relax man.

i figure he was referring to duck dawgs post.
B.Hud
hunter

Postby PiKappCutter » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:28 am

Haha glad everyone calmed down. DuckDawg's is the only I woulda have taken offense to. Trust me, its barely worth driving down there to board and drink in 80 degree weather with girls in bikinis so I'm definitely not driving to sit in a boat, on a lake, when its rainy cold and windy and not see ducks. I'll stay in Mid TN and do the same thing. Thanks for the conversation though.
PiKappCutter
hunter

Postby QuackAttack873 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Don't always believe everything you hear hoss there is always ducks to be killed
Attachments
download.jpg
Wack em' and Stack em'
QuackAttack873
hunter

Postby benjaminayoung » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:26 pm

DuckSlayer26. On a whim, I'm geo-searched the lat/long you gave. I killed the biggest duck in my life there on a closing weekend. It was long, shiny silver, with "SouthWestern" on the tail. It took 6 boxes of hevi-shot, super fast steel, and it was flying at roughly 36,000 feet. But what a kill!!!!
Most Common phrases out of a duckers mouth:
Why couldn't you have been born a duck!!!
OH S*&T, DUCKS!
Damn tweedy bird, you about got shot.
There's a whole bunch of duc..oh wait, tweety birds.
I about turned this mosquito into a duck
I just got ate up
benjaminayoung
hunter

Postby cwsmith » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:19 am

benjaminayoung wrote:DuckSlayer26. On a whim, I'm geo-searched the lat/long you gave. I killed the biggest duck in my life there on a closing weekend. It was long, shiny silver, with "SouthWestern" on the tail. It took 6 boxes of hevi-shot, super fast steel, and it was flying at roughly 36,000 feet. But what a kill!!!!

you just brought skybusting to a whole new level :lol3:
13-14 Season

40 mallards
14 GWT
13 pin
10 spoony
10 buff
9 wigeon
8 rgnk
6 woodie
6 gad
5 barrow's ge
3 merg
3 ruddy
2 l scaup
1 g scaup
1 comm ge
1 can
TOTAL DUCKS = 132

77 canada
4 snow
2 speck
TOTAL GEESE = 83

TOTAL WATERFOWL = 215
cwsmith
hunter

Postby B.Hud » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:03 pm

QuackAttack873 wrote:Don't always believe everything you hear hoss there is always ducks to be killed

could be wrong, but i have a hard time believing this is lanier
B.Hud
hunter

Postby QuackAttack873 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:47 pm

You should have seen em about kiss the mojo and yes hoss it is Lanier
Wack em' and Stack em'
QuackAttack873
hunter

Postby B.Hud » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:36 am

QuackAttack873 wrote:You should have seen em about kiss the mojo and yes hoss it is Lanier

cool hoss
B.Hud
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting