Whats everybodys End of the season plans

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Whats everybodys End of the season plans

Postby krusse25 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:06 pm

I will be going up by Lake Lanier on private land. A guy I know has rights to private land off of exit 17 from 400. He said the swamp we will be hunting has a lot of woody boxes and they have been flying a lot. With even a good chance at some Mallards and geese. Looks like we will be in a giant rectangle so hopefully we will keep the birds moving sunday morning.I'll let yall know how it goes.
krusse25
hunter

Re: Whats everybodys End of the season plans

Postby gahunter706 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Good luck, we will be hunting the Hill tommorow and finishing it up Sunday at a public swamp thats holding lots of gadwall.
gahunter706
hunter

Postby krusse25 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Last day was great.Took 3 Wood Ducks myself. The rest of the group took about 2-3 a piece.Had some mallards buzz us but too high.Had a hooded Merganser land right in between me and another guy. Didn't get to shoot unfortunately due to the fact that the DNR was checking us in the middle of our hunt. That kind of sucked. What a day though man. Wood ducks were flying in flocks of 4 and up. Ca not wait till next duck season. Could always go to a preserve but I find them to be a little expensive.
krusse25
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:36 am

i know the season is over but finished up this year on a very very secluded spot on the lake and took 3 woodies between 4 of us should have been more but my dad again couldnt hit a duck sitting on water (excitement and poor vision doesnt help in this situation) all in all it was a fun hunt and a good way to end the season. also heard a mallard hen feeding in a beaver pond that we normally hunt just outside of the woodie hole we were hunting.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:11 pm

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting