Duck Hunting, Fort Benning

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Duck Hunting, Fort Benning

Postby thomas.c.mackey » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Looking for some hunting partners this year. I have one blind built and some good spots that I hunted last year. All my normal hunting buddies have left post so just looking for some guys to get together with. I have plenty of decoys and equipment just no dog. Message me if your down so we can start doing some scouting here soon.
thomas.c.mackey
hunter

Re: Duck Hunting, Fort Benning

Postby beauptrck » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Hey I just moved back to Fort Benning and I haven't really duck hunted before but I have hog hunted, etc and I'm looking at getting into some duck hunting. I have a 10 month old lab also that I have been training to recover ducks.
beauptrck
hunter

Postby mudxxed » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Im down here on Rucker, AL. I may be game for a hunt or two!
mudxxed
hunter

Postby beauptrck » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Have you ever hunted ducks on Fort Benning?
beauptrck
hunter

Postby mudxxed » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:09 pm

beauptrck wrote:Have you ever hunted ducks on Fort Benning?

Nope Ive never been on Benning, this will be my first year hunting Rucker too.
mudxxed
hunter

Postby beauptrck » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:33 am

Yeah I'm from Louisiana and Texas so all my Friends dunk hunt like crazy; I'm sure with all the spots I've seen while hog hunt hunting on base there has to be some ducks here.
beauptrck
hunter

Postby mudxxed » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:13 pm

beauptrck wrote:Yeah I'm from Louisiana and Texas so all my Friends dunk hunt like crazy; I'm sure with all the spots I've seen while hog hunt hunting on base there has to be some ducks here.

More then likely wont get many ducks other then woodies. But aint nothing wrong with killing woodrows, they eat great!
mudxxed
hunter

Postby beauptrck » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Yeah that sounds good, all the people I hunt with here won't hunt ducks at all.
beauptrck
hunter

Postby hamer174 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:15 am

I work at the John Deere dealership in Columbus, if ya need someone to go me and another guy at the store can, he has a dog he had sent off to train and everything. We try to go to Arkansas and Louisiana atleast once a year. My dad farms in Pine mtn so just north of Columbus and we get a lot of Canada geese on his wheat fields too.
hamer174
hunter

Postby cgackle » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 am

I will be down there for ALC beggining of September through beggining of November. I got some decoys, calls, blind, and other gear. Not sure how much i will be able to go out but i am missing hunting season up here in South Dakota so I need to get my fix while im out
cgackle
Newb

Postby beauptrck » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Yeah I'll meet up with y'all when I get back, I'm in SLC right now but I will be back at the end of sep.
beauptrck
hunter

Postby linwoodlbubar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 am

@ thomas.c.mackey:

I've been on Benning for almost two years now. I hunted alot last duck season and had some success. I've got a dog, canoe, a few blinds, decoys etc...I generally hunt with one other guy that I work with, but we're always looking for some new friends. Send me a message and maybe we can line something up.
linwoodlbubar
Newb

Postby cgackle » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:46 pm

We'll scratch that thanks to budget cuts I'm not able to go down to alc now so I guess I'm staying in southdakota to do some duck hunting here
cgackle
Newb

Postby chsend22 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm down here at Ft. Benning, too. Been here about 10 months now, but didn't get here in time to catch the season last year. Originally from Ohio, and mostly used to hunting geese in cornfields, but looking to hunt geese and ducks anywhere around here, also. Drove around a bunch on the AL side yesterday, and stopped and talked to a guy who said he mostly hunts the river bends on the Hooch, down around Ft. Mitchell, and some refuge over there (sounded like public land, but I didn't get exactly where it is). Saw a different forum that mentioned checking out Lakes Harding, West Point, and Eufala. I think (based off of map recon) that the X zones on post might be profitable for ducks, since it is marshy and along the river. Never been over there though.

Anyway, I would be down for trying to link up and get into some birds around here, if anyone is willing. I have Canada goose decoys, blind, and calls, though I am by no means a pro on the calls. Going to try and look into renting MWR boats from Outdoor Rec. Also trying to get my wife into bird hunting. She is interested, just not experienced. Shoot me a message if interested.

-Matt
chsend22
hunter

Postby beauptrck » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Hey I just got back from school and I'm ready to hunt some so hit me up, beauptrck@yahoo.com
beauptrck
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:29 am

Welcome to all our members of the Armed Forces. What about civilians hunting on base these days? I am a deputy sheriff not too far from Benning (couple of counties over). I thought after 9/11 that due to security concerns they don't let civilians hunt on base anymore?
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby beauptrck » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:32 am

I'm not completely sure but I do think that they give out guest passes to hunt on post but you can find the regulation online on the benning MWR site.
beauptrck
hunter

Postby chsend22 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:01 am

Yep, they definitely give out guest passes. I don't know about prices though. Contact Outdoor Rec at 706-545-7978 and they can give you the details for on post.
chsend22
hunter

Postby thomas.c.mackey » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:43 am

If any of you are serious about linking up then pm me and we can exchange numbers and hopefully down some birds. I also have another question for all of you. Is the water extremely low this year or is just me?
thomas.c.mackey
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:06 am

We got a lot of rain, early on in the summer but it has turned off dry and I see water levels dropping, not really had any rain to speak of at my house now in almost 7 weeks, not anything measurable at least.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby beauptrck » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Yeah, I have just been hunting hogs and deer lately but I'll try to shoot some ducks also, let me know what your plan is.
beauptrck
hunter

Postby Sniper3365 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:26 pm

I am also looking for a hunting partner to do some duck hunting with on benning if anyone is interested let me know.
Sniper3365
Newb

Postby beauptrck » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:04 pm

I'm interested, hit me up.
beauptrck
hunter

Postby Charlie Mike » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Anyone have any luck finding partner or a place? Im in columbus trying to find a good place close by
Charlie Mike
hunter

Postby beauptrck » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:21 pm

I haven't had any luck.
beauptrck
hunter

Next

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting