Anyone Hunting Altamaha this season?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Anyone Hunting Altamaha this season?

Postby mallard slayer » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:55 am

Ive been looking into it. I think thats where Ill be.. Any pointers on this place feel free to share. Thanks
mallard slayer
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:33 pm

Bub be ready for some mud and I do mean when you hear the Darien pudding, it is like glue. Know your tides and if you have a GPS I would recommend it in the boat especially if you don't know the area!! Good luck, PM with any questions and I will try to answer best I know. :welcome:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Hawk » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:54 pm

Dep6 is right , the river is low!!!!!!!!!!!, talk to a few guys at work, they love to fish the alt. ri. suggested that WHO ever gets on the river better know what their doing. Safety 1st. Ya'll be careful down on that end of it.
I haven't seen or heard on Sav. or Ogeechee levels, But I'm thinking they're low also with no rain.
Butt- Belly- Beak- Boom
Hawk
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:13 pm

The rivers all over the state are low, sadly so from the drought we are in. Be careful in the upcoming season!!
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting