Rhetts Island

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Rhetts Island

Postby GGreenway » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:00 pm

Never been before, going Sat. to scout. What kind of dekes do I need and which pond is the best to hunt. Any info about hunting Rhetts will be greatly appreciated.
Greg Greenway
GGreenway
hunter

Rhetts

Postby duckvader » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:56 pm

I have hunted there a few times last year. My Duck Hunting buddy lives in Brunswick. Crossing the Dike can be tough...depending on the tide. You have to cross a pretty big dike from the Altamaha into Rhetts. We had to take our motor off the boat then drag our boat over. They have a wench on the top of the dike that you can use to wench your boat over. I have had success early in the year.....shot some teal and some bluebills. We used teal decoys and coot decoys. It has not been very productive latley..I hear..been so warm. Get there early because we used to arrive around 3:30 and still had to wait to cross the dike. Hope this helps some..Good Luck and let me know how it was....cause I'm supposed to go to Butler on their quota hunt on Jan 22nd.
duckvader
Newb

Postby Illegal Woodie » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:57 pm

My advice is stay away from Dukvader if you're at Rhetts at the same time. He likes to blind skyblast and wait for the ducks you shot fall. If you're lucky, he'll agree to stop his whining by flipping a coin for heads or tails. A 50/50 chance is all you got to avoid his constant claim of being a deadshot.
P.S. Take some grass cover, and throw out 2 dozen mallards, 1 dozen black ducks, and allways take 2 50lb bags of corn soaked in molasses if you plan to get there at 3:30 like dukeevader.
Illegal Woodie
Newb

Postby duckvader » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:32 pm

Very funny.......don't think we should using this site for our silly games. Call me I.W. Going to Arkansas.......and you're not claiming my Pintail this time!!
duckvader
Newb

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting