Cheap Guide?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Cheap Guide?

Postby duckhunter10610 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:53 pm

I am looking for a guide who is gunna be on the cheaper side like $200 or less for one day. I am gunna be home from basic training in December and I am looking to go just for one day with my wife in Georgia.I live in Florida so I would be looking to shoot mallard and pintail, or any puddle ducks really considering all i would shoot in Florida is ringnecks and the ocassional teal or gadwall. my wife wouldnt hunt just tag along and was hoping there would be no extra charge for her. anything helps. God Bless
God Bless
duckhunter10610
hunter

Re: Cheap Guide?

Postby krazybronco2 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:43 am

you could do a preserve shoot by they are pretty pricy other than that i dont think there are to many guides in GA that will have enough birds to successful. plus we dont get to many puddle ducks other than resident woodies but we mostly get divers just like you.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby duckhunter10610 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:13 pm

I feared that but was hoping that there might be somewhere that does have the puddle ducks. Do you know of any in Tennessee or Mississippi or any place close by that might have what im looking for?
God Bless
duckhunter10610
hunter

Postby Ga ducker » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:13 pm

I would suggest Mississippi if you can make it there! If Georgia is your only option, what area are you going to be in?
Ga ducker
hunter

Postby hydrilla » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:20 pm

duckhunter10610 wrote:I am looking for a guide who is gunna be on the cheaper side like $200 or less for one day. I am gunna be home from basic training in December and I am looking to go just for one day with my wife in Georgia.I live in Florida so I would be looking to shoot mallard and pintail, or any puddle ducks really considering all i would shoot in Florida is ringnecks and the ocassional teal or gadwall. my wife wouldnt hunt just tag along and was hoping there would be no extra charge for her. anything helps. God Bless

If you want a realistic chance at killing a Pintail on the east coast, you are probably going to have to go to coastal North Carolina. However, I wouldn't consider that necessarily close. Depending on where you are in Florida, it may be just a close to go to Mississippi. The only place I can even think of that might offer something like what you are wanting with 4 or 5 hours of Jacksonville, would be the link below. I had never been there, but have heard about it. They mainly have ring necks in the flooded fields, but they do flood some timber that might give you a chance at green heads and wood ducks. They do offer hunts to people who aren't members, or at least they used to.

http://site.featherhornfarm.com/Home.php
hydrilla
hunter

Postby duckhunter10610 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Ga ducker wrote:I would suggest Mississippi if you can make it there! If Georgia is your only option, what area are you going to be in?

Do you have anyone you would recommend for Mississippi? and im not sure where im looking anywhere from Louisiana, to Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, North Carolina, and South Carolina i just thought Georgia would be my best option because it was so close but it looks like ill be traveling a little farther :lol3:
God Bless
duckhunter10610
hunter

Postby duckhunter10610 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:32 pm

hydrilla wrote:
duckhunter10610 wrote:I am looking for a guide who is gunna be on the cheaper side like $200 or less for one day. I am gunna be home from basic training in December and I am looking to go just for one day with my wife in Georgia.I live in Florida so I would be looking to shoot mallard and pintail, or any puddle ducks really considering all i would shoot in Florida is ringnecks and the ocassional teal or gadwall. my wife wouldnt hunt just tag along and was hoping there would be no extra charge for her. anything helps. God Bless

If you want a realistic chance at killing a Pintail on the east coast, you are probably going to have to go to coastal North Carolina. However, I wouldn't consider that necessarily close. Depending on where you are in Florida, it may be just a close to go to Mississippi. The only place I can even think of that might offer something like what you are wanting with 4 or 5 hours of Jacksonville, would be the link below. I had never been there, but have heard about it. They mainly have ring necks in the flooded fields, but they do flood some timber that might give you a chance at green heads and wood ducks. They do offer hunts to people who aren't members, or at least they used to.

http://site.featherhornfarm.com/Home.php

Thank you and I guess I was a little to strict on close. I was thinking the farthest I was willing to travel would be like 16 hours but your right that isnt to close. Do you have any suggestions for guides in Mississippi or Louisiana?
God Bless
duckhunter10610
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting