bullets what is better

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

bullets what is better

Postby wbduckhunter » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:39 pm

i use a 2 shot and i miss the only duck i saw up at the lake. everthing was picture perfect but when i shot 3 _ _ _ _ ___ times they flu aways. can someone tell me if it is the gun or the bullets.

and what is better 2,4,6 or bbb
was that a duck or ???????????????
wbduckhunter
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:43 pm

go shoot at a big piece of buther paper, you might be suprised on your pattern. Pattern different shells, maybe a new choke?
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby jeremy adams » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:50 am

I shot a 3.5 in #3 shot I have good luck with it on small ducks. on bigger ducks I shot a bb or bbb. always a 3.5 in.. ducks are tough. I have shot them and it will bounce off. It just depends on where you hit them. But, if you think you are hitting them and not knocking them down go to a bigger size or faster feet per second or even a heavy or tungston shot.
shotem in the head not shotem til there dead!
jeremy adams
hunter

Postby MICAH » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:07 am

I shoot 3in steel BB's there is over 100 pellets in ea shell. With steel if you can shoot and have a good pattern you are hitting the ducks but you aren't knocking them down. I believe with bigger shot you make a bigger hole and have a greater chance to hit bone or a vital. the problem is that steel has no knockdown power. Everyone that I hunt with changed to BBs this year and more ducks are falling. Good Luck
SHOOT HIM AGAIN HE AIN'T DEAD YET!!
MICAH
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting