Duck Hunting Forum banner

In need of some good advice,Lake Juliette or Altamaha!!!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  labhunter 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Have had some bad luck this week. Me and my buddy were gonna hunt Lake Blackshear this weekend and damn if they haven't dropped the lake 5-6' for people to fix they're docks!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will really suck. So we wanna go somewhere else,preferably with lots of ducks! Been reading on the forum a little and decided we're gonna go to either Lake Juliette or Altamaha River. I need some advice on this as we've never hunted these places. Where do we need to go/put in at? We're tired of seeing wood ducks,hell I've never even shot at a mallard,so we want to go somewhere
we'll see something different like mallards,teal,cans,etc.......
I REALLY NEED SOME GOOD INFO HERE,PLEASE HELP US GET ON SOME DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
Your not going to find anyplace in GA with "lots of ducks". Juliette receives a ton of pressure from my understanding. I have never hunted it myself, but thats what I have heard. You can get in some decent hnts on the river, but you may have to do some riding a day or so before hand to locate them. Good luck

#4 ·
You need to go in by the Ga Power Plant. Get off at the exit going North on 75 just past the Shoneys exit in Forsyth. Take a right off the exit. You will go about 10-15miles and you will turn right onto a dirt road which will be the Ga Power plant road. You will pass the Dove fields on the left. The next street on the right in a dirt road too and if you go down there you will run into a bridge. Some people walk in and hunt there since that is where a fly zone is for ducks before they go into the DU Refuge which across the main road you turned off of to get to the Ga Power Plant.
If you go straight on the dirt road instead of turning to go to the bridge I told you about there is a boat dock you can off of with a boat. Go to right when go off the ramp there is some coves back in there where a lot of people hunt. You have to get there ealry and I mean early. Take a big spot light with you so if you get to a spot you can shine people off your spot.
I hope this helps. I want to go tomorrow, but I can't go by myself with my choco lab which is my wifes orders.
Thanks and good luck,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.