Train dog on wma in middle ga

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Train dog on wma in middle ga

Postby pk38 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:47 am

Training dog.... Can you just go to a wma and start shooting blanks as long as that is all you have? Or are there specific wmas that allow such a thing
DU Chapter Sponsor at Morris Innovative High School
Hoping to bring duck hunting to disadvantaged youths
pk38
hunter

Re: Train dog on wma in middle ga

Postby krazybronco2 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:42 am

There is a list of wmas u can train dogs on if u do use birds make sure u have proof of purchase. Also if u talk to the game warden and explain what u are doing they normally won't care but talk to them first.

I did this at the McDuffie pfa I can't use birds because all mine were given to me but I use dead fowl bumpers and train in ponds no one is fishing in or on the opposite side of the big ponds. Only thing is I can't use the shot gun with poppers like I do in certain places. But I can use 209 primers in my wingers to get her a little more interested (breaking correction)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby pk38 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Cool, I did not know that about proof of purchase. . That coulda been bad saturday
DU Chapter Sponsor at Morris Innovative High School
Hoping to bring duck hunting to disadvantaged youths
pk38
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:30 pm

pk38 wrote:Cool, I did not know that about proof of purchase. . That coulda been bad saturday

yes all my ducks have a cut toe but still not something to risk now if you are using fully plumed drakes that might get you out of trouble but still not worth it for me i just use dead fowl and make sure to talk to the game warden because hunting season is about to start for everything in the next couple of weeks and might not want you on the WMA training while people are hunting.

but see if you can find a public fishing area near you lots of water and like i said McMuffie PFA lets anyone train just talk to the GW and see where you can and cant train just becare around downed trees and stumps in the water because of the hooks.
krazybronco2
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting