Teal?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Teal?

Postby Duckslayer26 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Anyone seen any teal yet? I know season opens on the 14th but was wondering if y'all have seen any? My buddy saw some in tn while fishing a tourney about a week ago.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Re: Teal?

Postby benjaminayoung » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:21 pm

I heard they pushed to around that area. I don't see why they would move unless a high pressure system comes down from the north, which there is. Hopefully it will make the early teal push a little further south on Thursday (ahead of the front).
Most Common phrases out of a duckers mouth:
Why couldn't you have been born a duck!!!
OH S*&T, DUCKS!
Damn tweedy bird, you about got shot.
There's a whole bunch of duc..oh wait, tweety birds.
I about turned this mosquito into a duck
I just got ate up
benjaminayoung
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 pm

benjaminayoung wrote:I heard they pushed to around that area. I don't see why they would move unless a high pressure system comes down from the north, which there is. Hopefully it will make the early teal push a little further south on Thursday (ahead of the front).

I hope so too, im goin out goose hunitn in the morning and gona bring my binoculars and scout for teal as well.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby bdub » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:40 am

Ive seen a couple in my neck of the woods. Not many tho even after riding around from 7-11 on sunday...
bdub
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 am

to much water in my parts to find any birds but might go take a look at some places very soon that are a drive to get to and see if there is water and being used by any ducks or geese. glad this tread was brought up becuase i forgot about those places :biggrin:
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:00 pm

krazybronco2 wrote:to much water in my parts to find any birds but might go take a look at some places very soon that are a drive to get to and see if there is water and being used by any ducks or geese. glad this tread was brought up becuase i forgot about those places :biggrin:

If theres any birds il be your partner for the season :lol3: I have decoys and can call pretty good.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby 1*DUCK » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Went out last weekend and took a look around, not much but I'll be out tomorrow morning.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW -- " What a ride!!!
1*DUCK
hunter

Postby Uglymud » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:34 am

So anybody see any today? I live in Elberton if anybody wants a partner

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 4
Uglymud
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:04 am

I havent seen any teal whatsoever. Only honkers, mallards and wood ducks
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby copperheadmike » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Saw one blue-wing on Saturday. Scouted after we hunted and saw nothing but mallards and wood-ducks. Went and scouted another spot yesterday, saw nothing but wood-ducks. Went and scouted another spot today... more wood-ducks. The teal will probably show when I can't make it out to hunt.
copperheadmike
Newb

Postby Duckslayer26 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:02 pm

copperheadmike wrote:Saw one blue-wing on Saturday. Scouted after we hunted and saw nothing but mallards and wood-ducks. Went and scouted another spot yesterday, saw nothing but wood-ducks. Went and scouted another spot today... more wood-ducks. The teal will probably show when I can't make it out to hunt.

Thats how it mostly works. had a buddy goose hunt the other day and saw a dz or so GW
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby qwakerwhaker » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:59 pm

We killed nine on Saturday and one one Sunday. Hope these fronts push some birds down because the big groups of migrators aren't here yet. They came in low and fast but, decoyed well.
qwakerwhaker
hunter

Postby southernwoody » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:46 am

saw a total of 4 teal in pool one on Rhetts today. the migrators weren't here last weekend and they are here this weekend. everyone pray that next weekend it better.
southernwoody
hunter

Postby Uglymud » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:55 pm

I've saw a dozen or so around the local shoals, hope to kill a few come morning!

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 4
Uglymud
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting