PCS'ing

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

PCS'ing

Postby JMTaylor » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:41 am

I am PCS'ing to Fort Stewart this time next year and wondering about the hunting around there, most important the waterfowl. I am looking forward to it as everyone that has been there said it is a nice place. Good luck hunting this year and see you next.
JMTaylor
hunter

Re: PCS'ing

Postby Dep6 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:39 am

I am going to say mostly Woodducks. Now for an introduction to GA. WE HAVE ALLIGATORS HERE, SOME OF THEM QUITE LARGE. Be real careful where you send your dog once you move here, even in the winter time unless the temperature is in the 20's or lower, I would still go part way with the dog on the retrieve. Watch the water, don't watch the dog. If your dog can't get the bird for you, you will hear the thrashing around, that is what draws the Gators in. Especially in the summer time, go scout the training waters at night and look for red eyes, if there are any out there when you look, DON'T SEND THE DOG OUT THERE!! hopefully your transition to the south will go smoothly.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting