Hunting the Hooch

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Hunting the Hooch

Postby sittinduck » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:05 pm

Has anyone ever tried hunting the Chattahoochee? I'm going to the river this weekend and want to know how and where to hunt if any one has any tips or advice to offer.
I hope to be retired by 30, huntin by 6:30.
sittinduck
Newb

Hooch Hunting

Postby jameszzz » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:41 pm

I have seen lots of ducks on the hooch near where I live but you can't hunt in that area. I think the chatahoochee would be a great place to hunt in a remote setting. How did your hunt go.
jameszzz
Newb

hunting the hooch

Postby sittinduck » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:02 am

It was all guess work. We really had no idea of where to hunt the river so we just tied off along the bank of a slow moving section of the river. We sat there all morning and only saw 2 fly bys. I think that the river holds more ducks, I'm just not sure where they are at. We need to explore more.
I hope to be retired by 30, huntin by 6:30.
sittinduck
Newb

Postby claypigeon » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:31 am

What part of the Hooch do you live near ? You know, it goes a long way thru our state. I have a web contact who hunts it near Georgetown adn does pretty well. He seems to be the resident expert on that area bec. he says he hunts almost all the time during the season, and doesn't strike me as a BULLSHI#@!#. Be more specific. Also, the Eufaula Wildlife Refuge ought to be good....
" Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I will show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things. "

Lawrence "Larry" Bell
Founder, Bell Aviation
claypigeon
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting