Duck Hunting Forum banner

GSU Alumni/Students

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  clemsotig 
#1 ·
Are there any Georgia Southern alumni on here that could let me know a little about the university. Thinking about transferring down there

Want to know about:

Hunting
Girls
Statesboro
Hunting
GIRLS

Thanks a lot

clem

#2 ·
My girlfriend goes to school there. SouthEast GA can have some decent hunting, but I don't know many details. The greek system down there is decent, and hey, it's in SE GA so there are PLENTY of good looking girls down there. The bar scene is decent; most places charge a small cover charge and there are some dumb drinking restrictions (like only getting one drink at a time, etc) but I think some of that is dissolving. Statesboro is technically in a dry county so, except in bars, you can't buy hard liquor around town...but it's a short drive to the next county where you can. Of course you can get beer, wine, andd whatnot though. I hear the STD rate in Statesboro is ridiculously high....so watch out..lol
They have a pretty good football team for their division and they tailgate for all the games, and students get into the games free and most of them sit on a grassy hill overlooking the stadium.
Southern seems to offer the best of both worlds being a relatively large university with a somewhat small college feel. Good looking women (some apparently fast) and a decent bar scene...all located in the heart of the south. If that's what your looking for then it wouldn't be a bad move. hope this helps, and feel free to pm me if you got more ??s

man i can write a book when i get going.

#4 ·
Im a current student at southern. i have no complaints about the place, wish i was staying a few more years but have to move on after the spring semester is up. the girls are great, youve got to go to the right bars though. Dingus, Plantation Room and RumRunners are your best bet...ad if you are up late enough, and drunk enough, then go to the woodin nikel. hunting is slow, unless you have land or friends with land. i know of some farmers who will giver permission to a few college students to deer hunt and trap their land, but you need to ask before the seasons open. same goes for duck hunting, unless you hunts the ogeechee river for wood ducks. other than that, i havent had a bad time yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.