phinizy swamp

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

phinizy swamp

Postby southernwoody » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:06 am

Hey guys I was wondering if you can get a boat into phinizy flooded timber. I have a 1543 war eagle with a mud buddy and thought about doing a little hunting trip. Any suggestions?
southernwoody
hunter

Re: phinizy swamp

Postby hydrilla » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:57 pm

southernwoody wrote:Hey guys I was wondering if you can get a boat into phinizy flooded timber. I have a 1543 war eagle with a mud buddy and thought about doing a little hunting trip. Any suggestions?

It isn't flooded timber like Arkansas, it is a swamp that stays wet year round. There are not roads through the timber to even run a boat down like you would have in true flooded timber. There are a couple of ponds that everyone hunts, but that would be way to much boat for the ponds. I haven't hunted it for years because of all the yahoos, but I'm sure they still lock the gate, so you would have trouble even getting a boat that size to water you could even put it in. Leave that boat at home because it won't do you any good there.
hydrilla
hunter

Postby southernwoody » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:56 am

Thanks for the help hydrilla. Guess ill have to look else where lol.
southernwoody
hunter

Postby Chris6418 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:21 am

A lot of young guns (teenagers to old men) who love to sky blast at any thing that flies by. Local law enforcement has really cut down on parking near the typical hunting spots so an inevitable LONG hike is in store. I personally stay away from here as well as the river (which is slightly better in terms of competition, but still pretty crowded) and hunt Clark's Hill or personal ponds
Chris6418
hunter

Postby southernwoody » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Thanks man. I'm trying to stay away from that sort of thing but it seems its every where now a days.
southernwoody
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:01 am

it is everywhere now a days but if you have a kayk you might be able to get to some places that others cant get to but will take awhile if you ever go and look before the season comes in you will see it is thick and nasty in there.

i have tried to get into some of the back places (pre season) and it took me over an hour to walk/move/climb a mile and i didnt even get close to where i wanted to get.
krazybronco2
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting