Duck Hunting Carters Lake

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Duck Hunting Carters Lake

Postby Waterfowl Widowmaker » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:39 pm

Last Month I polled a question about duck hunting at Carters Lake. I got no replies. I guess no body hunts there, or nobody cares. So being new to north Georgia I has no idea as to what was in store for me hunting there. I went on a blind scouting trip, and was pleased with my findings. In the past few weeks I have killed some ducks and some geese. Hunting there is hit or miss, but almost every time I go to my honey-hole I see waterfowl, and it is up to me to finish the job. I am used to hunting in Scottsboro Alabama where you see hundreds of ducks every hunt, but 90 percent of what you see are coots. Where I have been hunting I have seen several mergansers, but also a lot of wood ducks and mallards. If I had the choice I would travel to find more ducks, but i don't have the time nor the money, so for now I am happy just to be able to watch waterfowl, and know that with a little luck I may bring some home.
I am also recently joined Ducks Unlimited and are wandering if there is a north Georgia chapter.
Waterfowl Widowmaker
Newb

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting