Duck Hunting Forum banner

lake seminole advice

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  audrewsky 
#1 ·
coming down for the weekend
any advice before we hit town?

from the other threads sounds like ducks are hard to come by

im trying to shape a greenwing youngster (12 yrs old) into a seasoned vet
so any advice as to were we should try & what to bring would be welcomed!!

i came thanksgiving weekend with a couple of guys but weather was so hot we spent more time casting than blasting

thanks!!!!

#5 ·
had a great time - weather permitted
the difference between weekday & weekend is amazing
got in friday around lunch scouted a bit & tried our luck (took 2 ringnecks)
with not much more action seen or heard
saturday sounded like WW III lots of shooting ALL around (some a little too close) but still fairly productive (1 coot 3 woodies & 4 ringnecks found)
the coot was for the boys confidence
we then tried our luck with the canvasbacks - to no avail
sunday was filled with a lot of shooters but not much action(anywhere)
we managed only 1 woody
although it was hot for this time of year it will still go down as a wonderful time had by me & the boy a big thank you to everyone around the lake & especially everyone at seminole wind resturant

#6 ·
That restaurant is great.
You had more luck than most people I talked to this weekend. I saw more hunters than I did ducks and went quail huntin instead Sunday morning. I bet that most of the shots you heard were at birds in the stratosphere.

#8 ·
Went to Seminole and hunted this past weekend. We did ok, couple of ringnecks and mallards. Then shot coots before we left monday. The Cans are there, seen several through binoculars, but never had them close enough to execute. Our best luck was on the big water in the mornings and up Spring creek in the evenings...also saw 9 gators be careful with dogs!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.