Lake Sinclair

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Lake Sinclair

Postby gahunter » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:03 pm

Has anybody killed anything on Sinclair this year? We've been 6 times and killed 3 mallards and 1 bufflehead. Everything seems to be going up to the ponds at the 16 bridge in the morning and not coming off until after legal hours in the PM. Been seeing 40 to 50 mallards every every evening though. They are just too GD late!
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

sinclair

Postby hood » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:09 am

A buddy of mine talked me into going two weeks ago. Neither of us had been to that lake since we were kids so we really didn't know where we needed to be. We went all over the lake, saw some geese and a couple of mallards, that's it. Whenever we did see some they were in front of somebody's house or in their yard! Pretty pathetic. Do you have any suggestions where we should have been? I know we put in at Choby's.
hood
hunter

Postby gahunter » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:44 pm

There are lots of ducks in people's yards up on that end of the lake. I could have killed a boat load had i had a gun instead of a fishing pole about 2 weeks ago. They would have been easy to hit, too, especially just sitting of seawalls and such. We usually go way up the river toward Lake Oconee. There are some good pockets away from houses and a few wild ducks and geese up there. The best luck we have is just getting back in a cove near some cover and hoping for the best. I'm not really in too good of a position to give advice though, because of our poor luck.
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting