The other site

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

The other site

Postby Remman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:22 pm

I hear that gon has axed the waterfowl forum, if any you know any guys over there let them know about DHC!!

There won't be any mod abuse here :thumbsup:
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Re: The other site

Postby tpj070 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Having trouble viewing your post
tpj070
hunter

Postby steelshotslayer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Remman wrote:I hear that gon has axed the waterfowl forum, if any you know any guys over there let them know about DHC!!

There won't be any mod abuse here :thumbsup:

That is why I'm here :yes: There was a big hoopla over the duck dynasty crowd screwing with everyones hunts saturday it seemed more than average numbers and when people started raising cain about it they axed it myself included. Had one group of idiots hunting out of a blue bass boat wearing grey t shirts set up 50 yards from us and shoot coots at 80 yards then came over to chat about 9 am.He walked up with 4 brand new duck commander calls even though I was ticked the birds weren't there so me and my partner got a good laugh out of it.
Every day thousands of innocent plants are killed. Help stem the violence. Eat ducks
steelshotslayer
hunter

Postby arkie1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:43 pm

That got outta hand quick. I was watching it. 0-100 in no time at all. Alot of their main posters
got banned. Guess they proved their point though. They don't care about seasoned water fowlers just cyber scouters and newbies. Hope they enjoy it.
arkie1
hunter

Postby steelshotslayer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:47 pm

O I agree it was getting rough I was online as it was happening I mean let a man rant as much time and money as seasoned hunters spend getting ready and doing their sport to have some newbie or googan come in and screw up weeks or preparation let him vent a little. Granted if you choose to hunt public water that is what you get like myself saturday morning doesn't mean I'm not ticked but some of us don't have spare cash after paying for everything else for a lease plus in middle georgia I enjoy hunting the bigger lakes I prefer hunting divers hard to get those on a beaver swamp. Did killer come over here or just give up on it?
Every day thousands of innocent plants are killed. Help stem the violence. Eat ducks
steelshotslayer
hunter

Postby Remman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Y'all's posts are spot on... All I do is duck hunt, I spend lots of time and money to find, and hunt public land birds.. There is nothing better or more rewarding than having public ducks committed to your decoys.
The googans are in force more than ever, and it's not just where I hunt, but every where. There is nothing we can do but vent on a forum, or possible jail time!
Go ahead and vent... True duck hunters know what it's about!!!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby knee deep » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:36 am

Yep. Rem, apparently I logged in here before as PaulD but can't remember my password or what email I had it on. It's a googan fest, had guys up river where I've never seen a soul before on the opener. I got booted off of GON cause I associate with known trouble makers. Whatever that means.
knee deep
Newb

Postby steelshotslayer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am

knee deep wrote:Yep. Rem, apparently I logged in here before as PaulD but can't remember my password or what email I had it on. It's a googan fest, had guys up river where I've never seen a soul before on the opener. I got booted off of GON cause I associate with known trouble makers. Whatever that means.

HA not to laugh to much but they booted everyone just about
steelshotslayer
hunter

Postby Remman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:14 am

Lack of common sense over there, you can't be political correct to every one hoping that nothing will get out of hand. That's what's wrong with America now, I will not try to please the masses!

Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Ringneck » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:18 pm

After 25 years on the water hunting ducks and geese all I can tell you is it cycles around. The guys complaining now are the ones that were doing the same things they are complaining about to others 10-15 years...though they'll never admit it....and the ones doing it now will be complaining about new guys doing it to them in another 10 years.

Waste of time complaining about it...it continues and just gets worse every year. Blame it on new guys, Duck Dynasty, Drake Waterfowl, etc....it's just a part of life. Once you learn to ignore it and make it work for you on the water you'll be a lot happier and better off for it. The complaining just makes you miserable when you go hunting and takes away form the real reason we do it...or at least me anyway...to get away from everyday life for just a moment or two and recharge my mind. Don't let someone else dictate your mood...not worth it.

ON the flip side....glad GON shut it down. That was embarrassing for both the new guys and "seasoned" hunters. :no:
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

-Albert Einstein
Ringneck
hunter

Postby killerv » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:21 am

I missed it.... It really got that bad?
killerv
hunter

Postby Crawdaddy2 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:56 am

New here and had been on the other sight too, enjoyed all the guys then giving advice and knowledge they had. Understood their frustration and thoughts. Agree it was unfair and childish that governing bodies couldn't let feelings be heard and voiced. There was no harm done and many some of the wanta be duck hunters would have read and listened to the experienced guys. I won't go back there.
Ducks arn't hard to hit, just easy to miss.
Crawdaddy2
Newb

Postby Remman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Glad to have you crawdad

Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hydrilla » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:56 pm

killerv wrote:I missed it.... It really got that bad?

No, it wasn't that bad. At least I didn't see anything that bad. From what I saw one of the moderators didn't like that he got called out and challenged a little bit, so he banned half the normal contributors and nixed the forum for a while. In my opinion the moderators were more childish than the ones making the posts they didn't like. The almost seemed to gloat in it a little bit. It was like, "I don't like that you challenged me, so I will just nix the whole thing for everyone." I wouldn't mind if they left it down. It was entertaining at times, but I think stopping some of the name dropping would keep people from riding hours to hunt bodies of water they have never scouted. Those are the people that most of the guys were complaining about that started the whole thing.
hydrilla
hunter

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:12 pm

The forum lock down is the funniest thing in a long time. Idiots who hunt 3 times a season.....only after deer season.....down at the local WMA......with what ever gear that Walmart/academy sports has......fresh off season II of Duck Dynasty.....spray painted basstracker panfish......bed sheet killer elite blind......half butt trained lad/chessie mix.....black cloud 3 1/2 inch # T shooting........super vinci in old school......Drake visor.......duck life sticker.........custom yeti with 75 stickers....guy that shoots a hen grey duck that claims it's a pintail drake.
muddy-feet
seminole_sigmanu
hunter

Postby Remman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Or better yet... Merg killers!!

Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Remman wrote:Or better yet... Merg killers!!

And claim, "we shoot our 11 ducks"...doubt it on the extra 'ganzer limit.
muddy-feet
seminole_sigmanu
hunter

Postby knee deep » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:26 am

Lmao!!! Yep! Then when they say "we kill our 11" then you point out they didn't have a limit in the picture, they say "I never said we killed a limit!"...... Uumm,

Ring neck is right.
knee deep
Newb

Postby whackandstack » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi guys I am new to this site and don't know how to post something. Could someone explain. :help:
whackandstack
hunter

Postby Remman » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:19 pm

You just posted! Welcome to DHC..

Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Duckslayer26 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:10 pm

steelshotslayer wrote:
knee deep wrote:Yep. Rem, apparently I logged in here before as PaulD but can't remember my password or what email I had it on. It's a googan fest, had guys up river where I've never seen a soul before on the opener. I got booted off of GON cause I associate with known trouble makers. Whatever that means.

HA not to laugh to much but they booted everyone just about

I got booted about 3 yrs ago and wont go back
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Main reason I never posted on the "other site" too many hurt feelings. I don't care none about drama. Welcome to DHC!!
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Dep6 wrote:Main reason I never posted on the "other site" too many hurt feelings. I don't care none about drama. Welcome to DHC!!

Ya, it was like a bunch of guys on their period
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:53 am

Dep6 wrote:Main reason I never posted on the "other site" too many hurt feelings. I don't care none about drama. Welcome to DHC!!

the drama was run to read thought. made a very boring day at work entertaining.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby Ringneck » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:31 am

Dang Dep...that statement covers at least 2 state sites I can think of. :biggrin: Which one you talkin' about?
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

-Albert Einstein
Ringneck
hunter

Next

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting