Walton County Hunt Club

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Walton County Hunt Club

Postby DuckGooseDestroyer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:00 am

I am looking for a hunting camp with ducks on it I need 3 spots at the camp please help.

Thanks,
Anderson
DuckGooseDestroyer
hunter

Re: Walton County Hunt Club

Postby hydrilla » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:38 am

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but you are not going to find a duck club in Georgia. This isn't LA, MS, or AR. Your best bet is to look for a deer club that has some areas you could potentially duck hunt. You are likely a little late to the game this year regardless. I know nothing about hunting in Walton County, but I would not think it would be in a hotbed of duck activity based on its location. Anything you find will more than likely have primarily wood ducks. Just spend the money you were going to use to join a club to take a trip west, and you will likely be better off.
hydrilla
hunter

Postby DuckGooseDestroyer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:35 pm

The camp does not have to be particularly in Walton County I would be fine with Gwinnett, Barrow, Morgan, Newton, Rockdale, Oconee, or any of the surrounding counties. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
DuckGooseDestroyer
hunter

Postby whackandstack » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:04 pm

I know dorchester shooting club offers everything from quail, turkey, deer, hog, pheasant , and duck hunting. We went there one day for a quail hunt and they showed us there duck hunting area. There somewhere around a thousand mallards in the small spot we saw. Upon seeing this we were almost lured into buying a membership but it was a little to expensive Dorchester is in the savanna area and highly recommended if you are willing to spend the money.
whackandstack
hunter

Postby DuckGooseDestroyer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:54 pm

It is hard to drive down to savannah though if we want to hunt the weekend. I need somewhere close so we can go more often, Savannah is 4 hours away.
DuckGooseDestroyer
hunter

Postby flyfisher76544 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:16 pm

whackandstack wrote:I know dorchester shooting club offers everything from quail, turkey, deer, hog, pheasant , and duck hunting. We went there one day for a quail hunt and they showed us there duck hunting area. There somewhere around a thousand mallards in the small spot we saw. Upon seeing this we were almost lured into buying a membership but it was a little to expensive Dorchester is in the savanna area and highly recommended if you are willing to spend the money.

It is nothing more than a "Tamie" shoot. If that is what you are into.
Hunt where the ducks want to be, not where you want the ducks to be
flyfisher76544
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting