Redlands WMA education

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Redlands WMA education

Postby benjaminayoung » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:15 am

I haven't hunted this area since early teal season but the hunters around here are wonderful teachers. I've never seen ducks try and make low earth orbit as soon as they get off the roost. Also, thanks to the group that decided to setup 100yds from me when you have this entire 100 acre pond to choose from. Btw, a duck call is not a kazoo. That is all.Image
Most Common phrases out of a duckers mouth:
Why couldn't you have been born a duck!!!
OH S*&T, DUCKS!
Damn tweedy bird, you about got shot.
There's a whole bunch of duc..oh wait, tweety birds.
I about turned this mosquito into a duck
I just got ate up
benjaminayoung
hunter

Re: Redlands WMA education

Postby Dep6 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:29 am

I do not know what happened to common courtesy but it seems to have gone out the window along with common sense!!
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby benjaminayoung » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Really. Even with heavier than lead shot, max killing range is 60-70yds. Any time I have someone argue or say otherwise, I tell them to take a crappy decoy and pace it out to 70 yds (210ft) and shoot it. It's an eye opening experience and you won't destroy the decoy. The pellets will bounce off except for the Game Winner brand, where they will stick into the deek (I have 3 deeks with pellets in them).
Most Common phrases out of a duckers mouth:
Why couldn't you have been born a duck!!!
OH S*&T, DUCKS!
Damn tweedy bird, you about got shot.
There's a whole bunch of duc..oh wait, tweety birds.
I about turned this mosquito into a duck
I just got ate up
benjaminayoung
hunter

Postby Hbnel5on » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:33 pm

benjaminayoung wrote:Really. Even with heavier than lead shot, max killing range is 60-70yds. Any time I have someone argue or say otherwise, I tell them to take a crappy decoy and pace it out to 70 yds (210ft) and shoot it. It's an eye opening experience and you won't destroy the decoy. The pellets will bounce off except for the Game Winner brand, where they will stick into the deek (I have 3 deeks with pellets in them).

Not sure what you're getting at here? I believe he was saying they were set up to close as in they'll be shooting at the same birds not that they'll get shot..

Some coot stole my fone.
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Hookers and blow.
Hbnel5on
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting