Canvasbacks Down

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Canvasbacks Down

Postby copperheadmike » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Been pretty fortunate this year in becoming friends with the founders of quackersmackers.com. Bryant has been inviting me to their duck camp but I hadn't been able to break away until last Thursday. Let me tell you, those Quackersmacker boys have it figured out! Bryant was able to get me on my first bull Canvasback as well as my first drake Redhead, both of which have been on my list for a long time! The guys from No Limit Waterfowl were also there videoing some hunts. Can't say enough good things about Bryant and his partner Richard, between them and the No Limit guys, I could not have had a better time. The hunting was, by far the best I have ever experienced in this state. Can't wait to go down and hunt with them again!
Attachments
image.jpeg
Day three's group bag
daytwo.jpg
Day two's group bag
dayone.jpg
Day one's group bag
2014-01-11 08.45.58.jpg
First drake Redhead
2014-01-10 12.39.22.jpg
First Canvasback
copperheadmike
Newb

Re: Canvasbacks Down

Postby bjw1285 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:00 pm

DO they offer memberships?
bjw1285
hunter

Postby copperheadmike » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:48 am

Quackersmackers.com is a social media site, think facebook, for waterfowlers. There is no fee for the website or anything, pretty neat actually. Theres no hunting club like a lease or anything. Just a group of friends that started it and built it into a website. They do guide hunts though, it is part of how they fund the site, and do a heck of a job as you can see from the pictures. I talked to Bryant yesterday and he said they still have some days open before the end of the season, if anyone is interested, I can give you their contact information. The usual fee is $150 per gun per day, which seems to be the going rate down there. If I can get off work, I will probably go down again next weekend. Those Canvasbacks are tasty and I want to get a few more before the season is out.
copperheadmike
Newb

Postby DawgsFan334 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:18 am

Very nice birds, man. I want a Redhead pretty badly. That and a Pintail are the two highest on my list. Can you shoot me some contact information for these guys about a guided hunt? I couldn't really see much on my phone at work from the website you posted, so figured I would just ask you. Great hunt and very nice pictures.
DawgsFan334
hunter

Postby jstewart_1981 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:46 am

Nice bird brother. I just came back from Arkansas last week. A buddy and I shot 4 cans and 6 buffies. Was a first for both if us too. Also knocked off a few redheads
jstewart_1981
hunter

Postby Hbnel5on » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:29 pm

DawgsFan334 wrote:Very nice birds, man. I want a Redhead pretty badly. That and a Pintail are the two highest on my list. Can you shoot me some contact information for these guys about a guided hunt? I couldn't really see much on my phone at work from the website you posted, so figured I would just ask you. Great hunt and very nice pictures.

Come up north to georgia fora some reds ImageImageImage

Some coot stole my fone.
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Hookers and blow.
Hbnel5on
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting