Yeti coolers

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Yeti coolers

Postby Southgaduckhunter » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Whats the best size for the money? I like rectangle ones over square? Thanks
Southgaduckhunter
hunter

Re: Yeti coolers

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:03 pm

I'd like to be buried in one. That's all I got.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby hydrilla » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:28 pm

Southgaduckhunter wrote:Whats the best size for the money? I like rectangle ones over square? Thanks

Unless you are full time fishing guide, wilderness outfitter, or plan on possibly being stranded for several days, I don't see the advantage of a several hundred dollar yeti over a 30 dollar igloo other than people think that it looks cool to plop a bunch of ducks on it to take a picture to post on Facebook. To answer your question the Yeti Tundra 65 appears to cost about 6.5 cent per cubic inch of cooler space verses roughly 8 cent per cubic inch for the Roadie 20 or and Tundra 45. So the larger coolers cost more, but provide more cooler space for the money. If you just want to look cool, i would go with the smaller one and then put a DU and drake sticker on the front of it.
hydrilla
hunter

Postby Randal0612 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:17 pm

What's a Yeti cooler...lol ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Randal0612
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:30 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Bear47 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:26 pm

you can appreciate a Yeti when you're at the lake or anywhere else in the dead heat of a GA summer and it's 100 degrees and the ice doesn't melt in your cooler.
Bear47
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:13 am

I am sure you can Bear, I been lobbying for one but so far the Mrs has stood firm and said we can't afford it.
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Dep6 wrote:I am sure you can Bear, I been lobbying for one but so far the Mrs has stood firm and said we can't afford it.

If you aren't dead set on a yeti, look into the Pelican coolers. They seem to be larger than a yeti, but my 35 quart holds ice for quiet a while. I actually had beer in mine from the Friday after Christmas until this past Friday (21 days) and only added one small bag of ice on day 7 because I added more beer for a hunting trip. There was still a little ice Thursday night and it was gone Friday afternoon, but the beer was still cold. Keep in mind that we have gone through some pretty cold weather for North Louisiana, but I was impressed.

I haven't fully tested it in the summer heat to see how long it'll last because I'm opening the cooler multiple times a day grabbing drinks and no cooler will stay cool like that. I do know that at the end of the day there is as much ice left in it as my buddies yeti and the Pelican only cost me $180.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Bear47 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:12 pm

I agree they are expensive. I was lucky enough to get one as a gift. I also heard the Pelicans are good also.
Bear47
hunter

Postby Rich- » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:14 pm

I really like the 75.

Rich-
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:37 pm

Bear47 wrote:I agree they are expensive. I was lucky enough to get one as a gift. I also heard the Pelicans are good also.

I really like the latches on the Pelican over the Yeti. Also, the Pelican feels like its stouter than the Yeti to me. My 35 quart does weigh between 30 and 35 pounds before anything is added to it though.

The next one I plan to buy is the Pelican 65 quart to put a deer in once it is cleaned and we are waiting to process it. I managed to put a 1 1/2 year old quartered buck in the 35, but it was tight and I couldn't get as much ice in it as I wanted. There was still solid ice in there with it after 5 days though. I tried to put a bigger bodied older buck in a couple of weeks later, but it wouldn't all fit. I figure the 65 will be perfect for a good sized quartered deer and plenty of ice.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Dep6 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:46 am

Copy that LA, I will look at the pelicans.
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Southgaduckhunter » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:43 pm

Thanks guys gonna check out pelican ones.
Southgaduckhunter
hunter

Postby NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:52 pm

yeti makes a damn good cooler built to last, id check out grizzly, they make a good one too, ive got 5 yetis and love them, but recently got the 60 quart grizzly, its sandstone color on the cooler with a bladegrass lid, lighter than the yeti and perfect for storage and a seat in the duck boat...
36 Prodrive FPR chasing a 1654 express
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting