Looking for a Lease

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Looking for a Lease

Postby Duckslayer26 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:18 am

is anyone part of a lease or has land somewhere that there willing to lease (that has ducks) I prefer NE TN, AL, MS, but if its a good spot in Ga I will lease it as well.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Re: Looking for a Lease

Postby Dep6 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Of your choices I would look at MS.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Duckslayer26 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:12 am

Dep6 wrote:Of your choices I would look at MS.

Thats what I was thinking, and moving over there too lol
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:39 am

If I found a good lease I would consider the same!!
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 am

Arkansas, we have a lease in miss and it's not what it used to be...
36 Prodrive FPR chasing a 1654 express
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:19 pm

NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER wrote:Arkansas, we have a lease in miss and it's not what it used to be...

What part? We had a lease in 07 in Marks and boy we were loaded
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Outside of greenwood, it's loaded just witch Shovelors and bluebills teal gadwall etc... Rather shoot them green tops and pintails
36 Prodrive FPR chasing a 1654 express
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER
hunter

Postby hydrilla » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:36 pm

NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER wrote:Outside of greenwood, it's loaded just witch Shovelors and bluebills teal gadwall etc... Rather shoot them green tops and pintails

Even if you lease a field in Arkansas the mallard numbers will vary year to year depending on the weather and how the rivers flood. Two years ago we killed very few overall all year. This year we hammered them until about Christmas, and then killed vary few late int he year once the rivers overflowed the banks. If all you are interested in is Mallards, go Northwest of Arkansas, or just hang out in the timber until they show up. I admit there is nothing like shooting green heads in the timber, but if you are going to get a lease out of state, I would go with a field. There are plenty of days it is nice to have those gadwalls, teal, and spoonies flying. Especially when you only get to hunt so many days. Riding 8 hours to shoot wood ducks you could have killed in Georgia isn't a lot of fun.
hydrilla
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:11 am

hydrilla wrote:
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER wrote:Outside of greenwood, it's loaded just witch Shovelors and bluebills teal gadwall etc... Rather shoot them green tops and pintails

Even if you lease a field in Arkansas the mallard numbers will vary year to year depending on the weather and how the rivers flood. Two years ago we killed very few overall all year. This year we hammered them until about Christmas, and then killed vary few late int he year once the rivers overflowed the banks. If all you are interested in is Mallards, go Northwest of Arkansas, or just hang out in the timber until they show up. I admit there is nothing like shooting green heads in the timber, but if you are going to get a lease out of state, I would go with a field. There are plenty of days it is nice to have those gadwalls, teal, and spoonies flying. Especially when you only get to hunt so many days. Riding 8 hours to shoot wood ducks you could have killed in Georgia isn't a lot of fun.

:thumbsup:
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting