Off Season?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Re: Off Season?

Postby DuckGooseDestroyer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:54 am

I would love to go, I am going back up to the Adirondacks in the Spring. Arkansas is about 11 hours and the Adirondacks are 18 so I don't think I am going to be able to take both trips. Great job on the ribbons as well.
DuckGooseDestroyer
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:43 am

Dep6 wrote:Way to go, I doubt I try any hunt tests with mine, she gonna be a meat hunter and that about it.

Mine is to. the hunt tests gives us a reason to train year round to be a better team and also prepared for anything that might arise during the season. nothing beats a dog that can run a blind and pick up the cripple that other wise would have gotten away.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:31 am

You do have a point there sir.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby krazybronco2 » Thu May 01, 2014 8:57 am

Dep6 wrote:You do have a point there sir.

now saying that i know a few dogs that are not registered and never ran a hunt test but could do the Finished level work. and that is what is important to me. a dog that can pick up birds. and to be honest i would put the gun down in a heart beat for a chance for the dog to pick up a 3-4man limit. Plus when you go to a hunt test they are a blast kinda like a day on a guided hunt go shoot some birds in the morning let the dog pick them up go have lunch, shoot some more birds in the afternoon let the dog pick them up and soon as the beer dog run open some beer have a nice dinner (our club always has a whole hog) talk about the day and how the dog did and enjoy the party. go to sleep wake up and do it again but sunday normally has less beer and no dinner. and this is only for an HRC test. the couple of AKC tests i have been to are not as much fun.
krazybronco2
hunter

Previous

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting