Lake Oconee

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Lake Oconee

Postby T Willy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:39 pm

I have heard that the dyar pasture area of Lake Oconee is extremely dry and hard to boat. Is this true? What are the conditions like? Can you get to the fishing creek area? Has anyone had any luck there during the second season?

Is there a better place to hunt on Oconee?

Thanks for the help.
T Willy
Newb

Postby jrtank » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:47 am

I've had good luck around dyers but I would imagine the flats are mud at the moment. Fishing creek is good as well but I would imagine the first 25 yards off the river is only going to be ~ 2 foot.
jrtank
hunter

Postby jwhite » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:14 pm

thinking about hunting lake oconee in the morning. was wondering how you guys have been doing. gonna be around the WMA side of the lake. or is that even legal to do?
Get your GREEN on!!--Echo team
jwhite
hunter

Postby ugabulldog56 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:20 pm

jwhite wrote:thinking about hunting lake oconee in the morning. was wondering how you guys have been doing. gonna be around the WMA side of the lake. or is that even legal to do?

If i couldnt answer that.........i dont think that i would go. :rofl:
DONT MOVE!
ugabulldog56
hunter

Postby jwhite » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:10 am

well i went to the lake sat morning and no ducks at all. there was some shooting on the Dan Denton Area and one guy we talked to who hunted one of the walk in ponds killed a pair of ringers and worked a big flock of mallards and some guys started skybusting them. but it was fun just to get out and experience something new.
Get your GREEN on!!--Echo team
jwhite
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting