Lake Seminole

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Lake Seminole

Postby DUD » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:34 pm

I'm going to the lake this weekend. It's my first time going I have a 16 foot war eagle with jet drive. Will this rig work ok. Any suggestions?
DUD
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:46 pm

Go slow and watch for stumps,the water is lower than normal which multiplied the number of stumps that can affect boats. So drive careful and not like you stole it!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby BPS WIDOWMAKER » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:59 pm

running that jet in hydrilla is going to be interesting to say the least
BPS WIDOWMAKER
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:56 pm

For Sure!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:32 pm

:lol:

Better hope it's jet as in jet engine....I'm thinking you'll make it maybe 10 foot.
seminole_sigmanu
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:36 pm

How did your trip go?
Dep6
Site Admin

trip

Postby DUD » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:13 pm

It went pretty well. I had a jet screen made for my intake, it worked great I actually went more than 10 feet. We killed a few birds. Probably not as many as seminolesignman.
DUD
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:14 pm

AAWW that boy probably didn't even git out of the bed!! :lol: :lol:

I heard he couldn't get a kitchen pass but may be just a rumor!!

Glad to hear you had a good trip!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby GADKHNTR » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:46 am

I guarentee you killed more than he did this weekend.
Time for the raggin on you SS!
Watch out though, apparently NEXT saturday it's on!
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby Ga's Gunner » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:46 am

Hunted Seminole Wed. - Fri. last week and got on some birds in a spot early wed. afternoon, had a boat come up and watch birds decoy in to us and of course when we got to the spot the following morning guess who's sittin there! never fails to scout during shooting hours and just sit where you see people shooting birds the next day! To bad they didn't pull the trigger that morning
Ga's Gunner
hunter

Postby OldRed » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:12 pm

Gotta hate when people do that. Serves them right that they didn't get a shot off. :mad: Glad to hear you got into some birds. We're hoping to take a few this weekend.
OldRed
hunter

Postby James229 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:47 pm

I saw a lot of people crowding up close out there this weekend. I had some shovelers, bluebills, ringnecks, and a few teal come close though got a few of em. That was the first time I've seen and shot shovelers out there.
James229
Newb

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:06 am

Few shovlers out near Jacks.

Rumor is true.....I finally get to get out of the house come the 12th. I'm tired of shooting woodies.
seminole_sigmanu
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:21 pm

If you was in charge you'd get her to let you have the whole weekend! :hammer: :hammer:
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby James229 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:50 pm

Man it was windy and cold out there today but those ringnecks were comin' in. That is all we shot today.
James229
Newb

Postby duckbkr » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:05 pm

hunted this morning glad to be back on the water been out of town for a week. I went up the hooch to a hole hunted by myself wanted to get out of the wind did not work. 2 ringers and a hen woodie just glad to see the cold weather pushing birds down. Good luck to every one this week hear the winds r going to slow up tonight we should have a good one in the morning
duckbkr
hunter

Postby OldRed » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:00 am

Going to be warming back up by the weekend from what I hear. Hopefully those ringers will stick around until we can get out there and lay the hammer down on a few of them this weekend. :hammer: Don't kill em all boys! :rofl:
OldRed
hunter

Postby James229 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Man I hunted out there Sunday and the ducks were just GONE from where I was at. There was surely enough people bumpin' elbows out there though! Hope it's better tomorrow with less people everywhere
James229
Newb

Postby OldRed » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:32 am

James229 wrote:Man I hunted out there Sunday and the ducks were just GONE from where I was at. There was surely enough people bumpin' elbows out there though! Hope it's better tomorrow with less people everywhere

Sorry to hear that. One day they're there the next day they're gone. Been hit or miss this year for us no matter how much we scout. But when I say we hit on Sunday man did we ever. The ringnecks were funneling in which we limited out on and we got one green head which was cherry on the top of that stack of ducks. :biggrin:
OldRed
hunter

Postby James229 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:19 pm

We hunted out in some holes today and they were slow early and then some ringers working, moved out to the lake later and lets just say the cans were out in full force out there, hundreds of em. It was about all we saw besides just a few teal on the second setup.
James229
Newb

Postby OldRed » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:07 pm

James229 wrote:We hunted out in some holes today and they were slow early and then some ringers working, moved out to the lake later and lets just say the cans were out in full force out there, hundreds of em. It was about all we saw besides just a few teal on the second setup.

Good to hear about the cans James thanks for the report. Yet to bag one of those big bulls this year! Maybe this weekend. Good luck! :thumbsup:
OldRed
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:00 pm

There goes the neighborhood.
You should also inform the people that most of those birds are staying well out of decoy/shot range.
Nevermind. I hope the entire state goes down there to hunt. Then they'll wonder why they even bothered.
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:21 am

GADKHNTR wrote:There goes the neighborhood.
You should also inform the people that most of those birds are staying well out of decoy/shot range.
Nevermind. I hope the entire state goes down there to hunt. Then they'll wonder why they even bothered.

Yup, second that. Ya'll don't forget the punt gun.
seminole_sigmanu
hunter

Postby du_uga11 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:42 am

GADKHNTR wrote:Nevermind. I hope the entire state goes down there to hunt. Then they'll wonder why they even bothered.

I don't see that happening. :no: I think most of the cybers have stopped coming. We haven't seen close to the amount of fools that we were seeing earlier this season. Unless you guys are hunting at Sealy's Point and are still getting your decoys ridden through at 6:30. Not implying yall but some boys just don't have the endurance to go the whole season.
O God, Thy Sea Is So Big, and My Boat So Small
du_uga11
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:22 pm

They may have quit going because they finally went down there and didn't kill d*ck and realized it doesn't live up to the hype. Some will still return but the smart ones realize it's not worth over a 2 hour drive. I have a free place to stay on the water and know the lake like I know my toilet but still don't go down just for weekend hunts.
GADKHNTR
hunter

Next

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting