New here Lake Blackshear ?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

New here Lake Blackshear ?

Postby firefighter 15 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:12 am

Hello I am new to this site. My self and a few other firefighters are going to lake Blackshear this weekend. We all have waders and we also have a boat blind. We will be taking about 3 dozen duck decoys and one dozen goose decoys. All four of use have been duck hunting for years but have never been to Blackshear. We all can blow duck and goose calls at least half way decent. We plan on putting in at campers haven any tips or info on the lake would be great. Thanks
firefighter 15
Newb

Postby plazaducker » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:11 pm

its majority wood duck hunting but some scattered reports of killing mallards which it would be hard for someone to convince me they're not someone's pets flying around (but does it really matter)
plazaducker
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:57 pm

Wood ducks on the North side is about all you gonna see, there are some bread fed mallards on the south end but very hard to hunt, there is alot of food with the farming in the area, be very mindful of the stumps, there are lots and lots, scout it and see what is there, I have not been down there this year at all except for Youth Weekend and didn't see much then. Yall might even have more luck going after the geese out around Paradise PFA since I understand they letting folks goose hunt out there but then I could be wrong on that one.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby browningboy84 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Campers Haven is kinda shot out. Go way north on the river and look at a topo map and find one of the few oxbow lakes up there. May give ya some luck. You just need to scout some. You know a guy named Don Key?
browningboy84
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:21 am

That's a very unfortunate name...DonKey.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby duckbkr » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:15 pm

you need to go up north of the 27 bridge and find those lakes or creeks I have not hunted it this year but in years past south of campers haven have been hunted very hard good luck and safe hunting
duckbkr
hunter

Postby firefighter 15 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:43 pm

I know the name Don key but can not put a face with the name. Thanks for the tips.
firefighter 15
Newb

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting