Someone lose a boat on Seminole this weekend?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Someone lose a boat on Seminole this weekend?

Postby OldRed » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Son called me and told me he found an express duck boat with a longtail floating in the middle of spring creek this morning. He hauled it to shore and had a nice old couple call the police cause he thought someone fell out or was missing :eek: . Turns out the guys reported it missing yesterday...fell out or something but are alive :thumbsup: . Anyone on here hear anything about this boat or know the guys?
OldRed
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Haven't heard of that one. Talked to someone who said they found a flipped jon boat near the indian mound island today. A couple of weeks ago I found a flipped, sunk dixon boat out there in a stump field. I got the number off it and reported it to DNR but didn't hear what happened with that situation. Ya'll be careful out there.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby rspringer » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:09 pm

yeah, I saw the john boat by the island this weekend. I am pretty sure that it wasn't there on friday, and then it was there Sunday morning, but I could be wrong. I tell you, that is one scary feeling looking at the boat in the water with only about 4 inches of the bow sticking up. We tried to pull it up, but couldnt.
rspringer
hunter

Postby duckbkr » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:48 pm

springer glad to see ya'll got them sun afternoon if ya'll would quit hunting all of Erin's spots now that he's gone it would not be so easy. Did cake cry in the blind thinking of his old friend. Give the little man from thomasville a shot at them and let him use you decoys he can't keep his. See ya'll thur :lol:
duckbkr
hunter

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:37 am

Some time on Saturday the scanner went off and it was Seminole 911. A few guys were found floating, had been in the water 4 + hours. They were fine but cold. It could have been the same guys but don't really know.

The water can get rough. I saw a group of Thomasville boys in a "small" john last year try to brave the big water, the big water won.
seminole_sigmanu
hunter

Postby rspringer » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:14 am

yeah thats a scary feeling. Also, saw some younger guys pulling a boat behind them with the go devil laying in the boat, I think three of them sunk thiers in Sanders Saturday morning. Rough weekend for for the small boats thats for sure.
rspringer
hunter

Postby OldRed » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:55 am

seminole_sigmanu wrote:Some time on Saturday the scanner went off and it was Seminole 911. A few guys were found floating, had been in the water 4 + hours. They were fine but cold. It could have been the same guys but don't really know.

The water can get rough. I saw a group of Thomasville boys in a "small" john last year try to brave the big water, the big water won.

Bet that was them. Glad to hear that they are okay. That was some bad weather Saturday.
OldRed
hunter

Postby duckbkr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:09 pm

springer you should have help after all you were with erin jr in the 25ft 69'' excel with the 125 mudbuddy. You could have used it as a bardge to help the fireman out to the site. Yea still pissed about this weekends lake choice thanks
duckbkr
hunter

Postby browningboy84 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:14 pm

The four guys who were found by Seminole EMS came out fine. I talked to the EMS director, and he told me about it. Apparently, they flipped out of the boat when they hit a stump. They were taken to Dothan eventually, but they were discharged and are ok. I used to work EMS in Grady County, and have friends that work in Decatur and Seminole County. As a member of a water rescue team, and as a Paramedic, I urge everyone to think about this and be careful when ya hunt. Use your safety devices that you have to carry on your boat. WEAR LIFEJACKETS!!!!
browningboy84
hunter

Postby Burlyduck » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:32 am

we should have tried to pull that boat up with something more than twine. I am glad the guys were ok. springer 4 years ago that could have us with your old boat.
I said "Where'd he go." Hollywood said "where'd who go!"
Burlyduck
Newb

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting