Duck Hunting Forum banner

maybe Higgins

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  GADKHNTR 
#1 ·
I had a good friend of mine from Thomasville on the lake yesterday they had there decoys out in the flats in front of seales and decided to go over to the ramp and get a guy to run to JWs and get some food. At some point they saw someone in a boat out in there decoys. By the time they got there all of there duck decoys were gone cans & bluebills but left all the coots and the boat was gone. They were pissed as would any of us. While back at the ramp they see the boat they thought was the one in there spread. One of my friends went out after the boat and it had his decoys in it. The two guys in the boat said they found them floating in the water. That is what decoys do. Then they said some people leave there decoys out all night and that is not wright. Nor is stealing some thing that is not yours. The young guys gave back the decoys with no problem. My friend got on the internet and said it was Higgins or another tall skinny guy with fluffy hair. All I can say to this is who every it was Higgins or someone else it is a good thing it was him and not me I would not have been near as happy and friendly while talking with the people who stole my decoys. People be carefull you cant even trust other duck hunters

#6 ·
Higgins didn't make it to the lake until 3pm Sunday.

He was at my house at 2:30 borrowing a float tube. He said he slept in Sunday morning and was just sitting around the house bored, so he called WK and went to set up on some rafters.

But I agree, if I come across a spread of decoys, I'm not gonna start picking them up.

#9 ·
Sounds like it was them to me. He said they were in a alum boat with a godevil on it. I just hope I dont see them or anyone else taking my decoys I hope everyone has a good last few days and be on the lookout for the decoy bandits. Good luck and safe hunting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.