Big water hunting In georgia

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Big water hunting In georgia

Postby thesnowman87 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Im new to big water hunting bout to get a boat. Could any one withsome knowledge possibly PM some gps #s where you ve seen some birds in the past Lakes, rivers, WMAS anything in middle our south georgia Altamaha, Siminole not trying steal spots just need help Thanks. :help:
thesnowman87
hunter

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:12 pm

Blackshear is holding some pintails, it's a super hush, hush. Best keep secret of Middle Georgia.....I don't mind telling now 'cause it's the end of the season. :welcome:
seminole_sigmanu
hunter

Postby thesnowman87 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Thanks im really looking foward to next season im really goin to put my time in. Just need some help getting started.
thesnowman87
hunter

Postby plazaducker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:17 pm

yeah sigmanu ur right about that!!! the pintails!!!hush hush i hope you didn't let the cat out of the bag!!!
plazaducker
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:02 pm

I've heard that lake lanier gets a few thousand ducks in the early season. Everyone thinks they go down to oconee by the late season. Those lakes are huge and you'd have to scout, but they are big water and therefor tend to hold several huge flocks throughout the season. hope this helps
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby ugabulldog56 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:28 pm

why do yall hate people knowing about/going to seminole so much? Its kinda sad.
DONT MOVE!
ugabulldog56
hunter

Postby plazaducker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:40 pm

who said anything about seminole?
plazaducker
hunter

Postby ugabulldog56 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:10 pm

exactly my point.
DONT MOVE!
ugabulldog56
hunter

Postby duckbkr » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:19 pm

I dont know what way you want to go but I here there are a good number of birds on clark hill. I do not hunt the big water there I have hunted up the river a few times and had a little luck. The birds on the big water at seminole are rafting out in the deep water or timber. You need a layout boat to get to them. I personaly will not get in a layout there to many bass boats going 70 mph. Sorry if I did use a gps I would keep that to myself or ask you to bring the breakfast opening day next year to OUR new spot. Good luck and safe hunting.
duckbkr
hunter

Postby seminole_sigmanu » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:41 am

Hunted in a layout once last season.....it was on a foggy morning and a bass tourny was going on, (thanks bbbb). I was very worried. MLB -VS- Bassboat wouldn't be a fair fight.

I'd be more worried about other hunters trying to rally birds or being shot by some yahoo trying to sneak up on the long-lines 'cause they wanted to water swat a diver.

We don't hate peopel knowing or coming BUT do hate it being advertised as a duck mecca, some good guys come but more bad hunters come.........I'm sure your a regular and understand.We don't mind helping out but it's done in private. Most of us have met other hunters at the landing, on the water, in walmart and tons of other place and helped them out about the lake BUT we will never give out GPS, tell spot or anything what will ruin the places we hit on a regular basis. The snowball effect.........next thing you know you rubbing elbows with "jimbo and his crew". Hunting divers is different than puddle ducks anyway, they're in one spot one day and the next day they're gone.

It's sad but true, give someone an inch and they take a mile....BUT it's not true with everyone. I've enjoyed meeting a lot of nice guys on here and have spoken personally with most of them outside of this board and I don't mind one bit about picking up the phone to call them about down here.
seminole_sigmanu
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:51 am

I don't hate anybody going down there. I just don't want them to be disappointed when it sucks.
I was honestly just trying to give him the best information on water around him that I could where he would have a reasonable chance of shooting some ducks.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby thesnowman87 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:30 am

thanks for all the input
thesnowman87
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting