off topic question...

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

off topic question...

Postby t-ville » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:02 pm

thought i would branch off from the usual topic of seminole and see if anybody knows of a place that sells pen raised quail and/or pheasant? A couple guys and I are trying to get our hands on some birds. We're thinking somewhere in the ball park of 20 pheasants or maybe 30-40 quail. Anybody know of a place around here that sells them?
t-ville
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:15 pm

http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstre ... orgia.html

This lists a lot of plantations and farms in GA. Some of them will sell you quail or maybe give you the name and number of their provider. I know of a few in Decatur County and one in NW Grady but you'd prolly want something a little closer. It's worth a few calls.
And if you're down near Big Jim's this weekend there's a place that sells them down that same road that we've bought from before.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby t-ville » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:02 pm

Grady county would be close enough. Big Jims? I couldnt tell you where or what that is...not being a smartass just never heard of it.
t-ville
hunter

Quail

Postby Croc » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:02 pm

Im also looking for some quail in the T ville area. I know someone in Lumber City that sells them for $3 a bird, but thats a little too far to drive.
Croc
hunter

Big Jims

Postby Croc » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:08 pm

Big Jims is an oyster bar on lake seminole (Spring Creek). If you duck hunt at the lake, you should go to Big Jims for dinner. They have pretty good food and you can bring your own beer in there. If you want directions, map quest Spring Creek Park Resort.
Croc
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:13 pm

The one in Grady County is near where Grady, Mitchell, and Decatur come together so it'd be a small haul for you. Send me a PM if you want the number. The guy that used to run it passed away last year but it's my understanding that his family is still running it.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting