duck hunting near dahlonega

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

duck hunting near dahlonega

Postby silly_grunt » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:04 am

hello all my name is eric and i have just found out that i may be moving to dahlonega ga in august. my question to anyone that can answer it is...are there any places to hunt ducks or geese in or close to dahlonega. are there any ducks or geese even in the area. i haven't been there since going through school in 1994 and i really don't know anything about the area. i am moving from fayetteville nc and i want to know if i should bring my decoys or if it will be to far to travel or not worth the hassel. thanks for any and all help.
eric
silly_grunt
Newb

Postby Dep6 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:18 pm

You got Lake Lanier not that far from there, but your gonna need to scout, scout, scout and know the restrictions on the lake. Lanier is so far down right now with the drought, find and talk to a local Game Warden once you get here. I live way too south to even think of going there so I don't know the rules about Lanier, sorry.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting