Gobble?

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Gobble?

Postby shadyducks » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:08 pm

Went last Sat. and yesterday afternoon but I havent heard anything gobble. Is anyone eles having better luck? I am in Columbia county
shadyducks
Newb

Postby GADKHNTR » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:50 pm

I'm in Augusta. Went Friday morning to a place I know had 2-3 gobblers last season that did not get killed and heard nothing. Also heard nothing Sunday either
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby Coach N » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:45 pm

I hunted in Alabama monday, I heard 4 birds gobble a total of about 10 times, not much happening there yet, abd it was perfect weather. I am going to give it a try in Georgia Sat.
Coach N
hunter

Postby shadyducks » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:21 am

Went again yesterday. Saw 2 toms in a green field but they didnt say a word at dark
shadyducks
Newb

Postby Coach N » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:13 am

I went with a boy I coach last weekend and worked a bird that gobbled for about 2 hours. I asked the boy if he thought we could move on it. (It was his land and the first time I had been there) He said we did not want to get on the two other boys who were hunting on the place. So I backed off and left him where we were set up, and ten minutes later the others boys killed our turkey. It was a good time though for the boy's first turkey hunt. We went yesterday to another piece of property his family owns, and we were coverd in gobblers. We had one dead at 7:40, and 2 more still answering. I think I called those two to aggressively. I tried to let the boy kill the turkey we shot, but he did not get his gun up when I told him to, and he never had another chance to get it up. needless to say the boy is hooked.
Coach N
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:28 pm

Way to go there Coach, just wish it wasn't my long weeks at work, almost too tired to try to hunt. I have only heard 2 and they were so far off my property I didn't even try them. Gimme another week to 10 days and I will be after them again!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Coach N » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:48 pm

I have not been in a week either, I hope to go before church sunday morning. I am going to try to call one for the boy again. I called in 6 jakes and we had two big toms 60 yards in front of us last week. I said "those are Jakes" He heard take "em, and shot one, it flew away. We looked and looked, but no bird. He learned a valuable lesson about patience. I few more minutes and the toms might have come after the jakes. I will let you know how it went. Here is a picture of the birdi killed last monday.Image
Coach N
hunter

Postby shadyducks » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:38 pm

Nice bird. I am going this afternoon and going to hunt all weekend. The weather is pretty crappy with rain in the forecast but im tired of not killing anything. May have to stalk and ambush. Dont care I am going to do what ever it takes!!!!!!!!!!!!
shadyducks
Newb

Postby Dep6 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:02 pm

Good Luck!!
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby GADKHNTR » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:30 am

I woulda gone this morning but it's been stormin down here since last night. I went through some nasty stuff in South Mitchell county last night.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting