Duck Hunting Forum banner

lake lanier

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  younggun 
#1 ·
Any body know where the good spots are on lake lanier. i have been looking for geese, but have seen none, anyone have any suggestions, :help:

#3 ·
I read your post on Duck Hunting Chat. I went to their site looking for information.

As a long time duck hunter who moved here from Florida several years ago, I decided to start back up and try out Goose hunting. There seems to be plenty of them everywhere I go and the limits are 5 birds a day. You can't beat that but I have no idea where to start.

I was out yesterday on Lanier scouting out a place to hunt. I launched at Duckett Mill and ran around for a couple of hours looking for geese and found none.

I know they are there but I don't know where to start looking.

Any ideas?

Scott in Alpharetta

#4 ·
This is my second year hunting on Lanier what I have seen of the geese they spend the day in the parks and then at night move to the island to roost. I found a group of 15 that I watch roost on monday I moved to the next island in the path they came from and set up a spread of 7 decoys on the point where they could see them make sure you cut your running lights when putting out your decoys. But about 7:35 I hit the call three times and when they flew off the island I was about 300 yards away they decoyed to me like I knew what I was doing. Got two of the 15 should have gotton three but....I got lucky...get a map and start around the parks in the afternoon around roost see where they go set up on the path. All my freinds deer hunt and so I have to go alone if you ever want to go shoot me an email. Good luck going in the morn let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.