Areas near Warner Robins

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Areas near Warner Robins

Postby Evil_McNasty » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:57 pm

I have been considering moving to Warner Robins. Can anyone answer a few questions for me?

1) What decent hunting lakes are near there, and what species are to be found on each?

2) I've got a duck boat with a mud motor, will I be able to access better spots, or is it the water pretty well wide open?

3) How is the hunting on the coast? I live on FL's coast now and we get bluebills, reds, and c-backs. Any of these up there?

Thanks,
steve
Evil_McNasty
hunter

'warner robins area'

Postby quack_head » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:51 pm

hey bud,
i don't know of any swamps or any thing around that area but i will do some looking, and let you know good luck, on moving
I can't stand sky busters.
quack_head
Newb

Postby Evil_McNasty » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:22 am

I'm cool with an hour drive in the morning before a hunt. I'm also cool with a 3 hour drive for a good weekend hunt.

Any kind of info would help. On the map I see that Oconee, Blachshear, and Clarks Hill are relatively close. But are these surrounded by golf courses?? That's the kind of stuff that's happening in central FL.
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Postby deadshot » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:54 pm

ocnee is a wide open lake with a bunch of mallards and geese it has 2 golf courses , one of them has a blind in front of it, blacksheare ive herd of having a good many but cant remember if you can hunt it or not
deadshot
hunter

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting