Help?

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Help?

Postby mallard buck » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:47 am

Went to my land over next to deerflat/Lake Lowell this weekend, took a drive to the lake I saw one person duck hunting and few birds. Someone please tell me that people are indeed slaying ducks out there? Also I have BLM land right behind my lot in foothillranch subdivision. Is this open for upland game hunting?Im new to the area And Im just not sure of the places I can hunt, Sportsman access,The Snake, Lowell?Are these all just walk in areas?
mallard buck
hunter

Postby donell67 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:54 pm

i went once to lowell it was pretty slow. where the water level is now, lowell is pretty much walk in. theres only certain areas where you can hunt on lowell. and its ducks only you cant hunt geese. gets some regs and look at the refuge boundaries. the snake you pretty much need a boat. you should probly talk with fish and game about hunting behind your house. if you have any other questions let me know.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby IDwtrfowler22 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:07 am

lowell has been crappy, seems most of the birds are out on the snake near walters ferry, we were out there for three days in a row and has limits each day lots of widgeon
IDwtrfowler22
hunter

Postby donell67 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:05 pm

idwtrfowler22 welcome to the forums. i hunted near walters ferry recently and only shot a couple goldeneye and 1 mallard. so that really surprises me. if you dont want your honeyholes overrun with people. you might not want to put it on a public forum. i have hunted walters ferry several times and usually just shoot a few goldeneye and maybe 1 mallard each trip.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby IDwtrfowler22 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:34 pm

my honeyhole has already been overrun but with me working nights, i am used to getting up early or staying up all night, so i get out there early, the place we hunt is down river from walters, there is a ton of good spots, just gotta have the right spread
IDwtrfowler22
hunter

Postby justakiller » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:51 pm

Give em a break.......Walters Ferry isnt exactly a secret. Wouldnt it be easier to hunt Fort Boise where you dont have to mess with the boat. I quit getting up before 5 to kill a duck over 20 years ago. Back to the original question. This is the best year ever. There are lots of stupid birds if you know where to look.
justakiller
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting