Iced out in Post Falls!

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Iced out in Post Falls!

Postby montana » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:45 pm

My spots are iced over in the chains and locally. I guess I might have to travell to kill ducks. Any ideas or takers on a group travel hunt!?
Lead 'em and bleed'em!
montana
Newb

Postby HaydenHunter » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:15 pm

This is when the duckin' in North Idaho gets challenging...and good.

I suggest you expand your horizons for spots. There are many places to hunt in the Panhandle but you might have to travel :45 to 1:15 from Post Falls.

And a mud motor can get you through ice and weeds to spots still open to the few.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:25 pm

yeah i think we are going to have to stop using my bro's jon boat and start using my rowboat to break through the ice a little better... the only bad thing is that my boat wont fit right on his trailer, so we have to hand load it in and out of the truck which is always a pain...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby montana » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:15 pm

Thanks for the response guys, I was begining to wonder if anyone logged into this chat. Haydenhunter, Have you been down to round/chatcolet? Any ice? What around here stays open during cold snaps? I am always looking for someone to hunt with. I moved out here just last winter and do not know many duck hunters. I have dog,decoys,boat,gun. Let me know if interested. JJohnson, how is the river up there shooting? I here it shoots well. I need to get up there and shoot it.
I am leaving for California on Dec. 12th for 15 days of duck killing. My little Bro has a blind in Durham" duck/rice cap. of cali." That will make it hard to come back here. Good luck guys, shoot straight!
Lead 'em and bleed'em!
montana
Newb

Postby HaydenHunter » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:26 am

montana,

I don't know about Round / Chatcollet. We don't hunt there. We hit four different areas in the Panhandle but do not hunt at the bottom of CDA Lake. We leave it to the St. Maries boys as I have heard it is very crowded there.

I hunt with a bunch of different guys so my dance card is full. These type of boards are a good place to hook up with guys if you are new in the area. Virtually all the guys I hunt with I have met via another duck hunting board.

We hunt out of big boats. That really helps up here when the ice starts forming. We've done the gig with small boats and we now all run 17 and 18 footers. Blinds, mud motors, the whole 9 yards.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting